I feel so sorry for this woman

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hope she finds him. I understand because I have lost a cat too and it was devastating to me. Maybe she will get some good news one day, she certainly has put forth the effort.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only thing if he always came back before? If he was an indoor/outdoor cat that always came back, then unfortunately for her I don't think he's ever coming home

Hopefully at some point she will let go. I understand her concern and that the mystery will always be there, but I just hate to see people live like that. You just want to :hug: them and tell them everything will be alright.

roxie225

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That is so heart-breaking!! I really do hope she finds him someday. I'm going to go home and hug Roxie extra tight today!

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

The only thing if he always came back before? If he was an indoor/outdoor cat that always came back, then unfortunately for her I don't think he's ever coming home

Hopefully at some point she will let go. I understand her concern and that the mystery will always be there, but I just hate to see people live like that. You just want to :hug: them and tell them everything will be alright.
According to the article, they had just moved there and that was his first time outside there. He got spooked by a passing car.

Mugoddai stayed with her through several moves, from Guam to Arlington County and eventually to Takoma Park in 2003. On Dec. 11, after keeping him indoors for their first two weeks in a basement apartment near Sligo Creek, she took Mugoddai out for a test walk in the yard.

"He was right next to me," she said. "Some traffic went by and spooked him. He ran to the back yard. I haven't seen him since."
The poor woman...I hope the kitty is safe, somewhere.

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is INTERESTING.. I live kinda close to where she lost the cat and I HAVE seen a black cat nearby in the woods. I tried to approach the cat but it ran off. I'll call and see .. I don't want to get her hopes up but at the same time what if it's that cat??

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pamela

This is INTERESTING.. I live kinda close to where she lost the cat and I HAVE seen a black cat nearby in the woods. I tried to approach the cat but it ran off. I'll call and see .. I don't want to get her hopes up but at the same time what if it's that cat??
Oh my, wouldn't that be the darnedest thing! Good luck!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pamela

Its definitely worth trying! I don't think it would be "getting her hopes up" because it seems she is thankful for every lead, whether it works out or not.

februa

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I admire this woman. I dont know if I would have her dedication, but I hope that somehow she gets her cat back. Maybe he went more than 5 miles from her home and someone adopted a "stray" cat who was abnormally friendly...who knows....

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emrldsky

According to the article, they had just moved there and that was his first time outside there. He got spooked by a passing car.

The poor woman...I hope the kitty is safe, somewhere.
Thanks!
I [obviously] missed that.