Electric toothbrushes

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anyone use an electric toothbrush? If so what brand/model.
I had a Sonic care that lasted 2 years & I haven't replaced it yet. Some dentists recommend oral-b over sonic care. I just don't know what models are the best. Any recommendations?

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've used Oral B for YEARS and I will never use anything else - I even got a battery operated portable one for traveling.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

I use a Crest Spinbrush Pro
Originally Posted by babyharley

I have a Crest Spinbrush Pro
I LOVE IT! I adore brushing my teeth
Originally Posted by Paulena

Me, too!!!
That's too funny that you all use the same one.
Can two people use it by switching the brushes with ease?
I had a battery Sonic one but the thing broke in 2 uses. The water ruined the battery compartment.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

I had a battery Sonic one but the thing broke in 2 uses. The water ruined the battery compartment.
Yeah, you actually could! I never thought about that before...
Its really easy to switch the head/brush part!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I have a Crest Spinbrush Pro
I LOVE IT! I adore brushing my teeth
I switch between that and the Oral B cross action batteery operated brush..The Oral B one is smaller and only takes one battery
So, I kinda prefer it.

paulena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

I don't know, never tried it, but the brushes are replaceable.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have the Oral B battery operate one - love it! I like the fact you can keep the same body and just c

DH didn't like his and we went make to the manual toothbrush.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have two - an Oral B rechargeable and a Braun battery one for travelling. I have used electric ones for years and love them.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a Sonicare that I've had for years and years. I absolutely love it. When I bought it electric toothbrushes were still "novelty" and I paid something close to $200.00 for mine. The prices have come down considerably since then.

One thing to keep in mind with electric toothbrushes, is that you still have to brush your teeth properly to prevent gum diseaase and that if you don't, you can do much more damage to your teeth and gums with an electric toothbrush, so learn the proper techque to brushing before you go and invest in an electric toothbrush.

Also an electric toothbrush does not take away the need to floss your teeth.

And it's bad to brush your teeth for hours at a time like "Matthew McCounahey" does. Apparently he uses his Sonicare toothbrush and brushes his teeth up to 8 times per day for 20 and 40 minutes at a time. Sure he might have clean teeth, but over time like water on rocks, he is going to be wearing his teeth down and causing them more damage than good.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I have a Sonicare that I've had for years and years. I absolutely love it. When I bought it electric toothbrushes were still "novelty" and I paid something close to $200.00 for mine. The prices have come down considerably since then.

One thing to keep in mind with electric toothbrushes, is that you still have to brush your teeth properly to prevent gum diseaase and that if you don't, you can do much more damage to your teeth and gums with an electric toothbrush, so learn the proper techque to brushing before you go and invest in an electric toothbrush.

Also an electric toothbrush does not take away the need to floss your teeth.

And it's bad to brush your teeth for hours at a time like "Matthew McCounahey" does. Apparently he uses his Sonicare toothbrush and brushes his teeth up to 8 times per day for 20 and 40 minutes at a time. Sure he might have clean teeth, but over time like water on rocks, he is going to be wearing his teeth down and causing them more damage than good.
I am not as crazy has him but I do brush 3-4 times a day or more. The hygienists recommended the ones that turn off if you press to hard (which is me). I didn't have coffee stains when I used the electric. The hygienists said my stains are minimal but I still hate having any. I find the electric reaches the back molars with ease. Now there are so many choices out there.