Man I had a fright last night!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night we went to the mall to let our boys run around and expend some energy. It was to cold to go to the park as my eldest would have wanted to go in the splash pad. So we were having a great time and the kids were playing and walking and then we decided let's go to Zellers and look at the toys (one of Kev's fav things). Part way there I turn to look at Kevin and there is blood just streeming down his face! He is using his hand to wipe it (not complaining) and it was dripping into his mouth. Somehow he got a nose bleed (his 1st ever). I yelped (I don't like to see my child bleeding, let alone gushing blood). Took awhile to stop it (he was a trooper and didn't complain) then hubby said that when he was little he had nose bleeds constantly. I don't want to hear that! No more allowed please. My heart stopped until I realized it wasn't serious. there is no way that that much blood should be able to come out of a nose!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I had them when I was little and noses do tend to gush a lot blood. I hope he's ok now.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh man! I would've freaked out too! I'm glad Kevin is OK. He never said a word to you that he was bleeding? What a little tough man he is!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Oh man! I would've freaked out too! I'm glad Kevin is OK. He never said a word to you that he was bleeding? What a little tough man he is!
Not a word - just kept rubbing his face, had to clean blood out of his hair!. I made sure the babysitter knew this morning. He was a trooper! It must not have hurt, becuase even if he bumps the tiniest little thing he comes up to me and says "I hurt" and holds out the body part for a kiss. I think he just wants the kisses!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yea nose bleed gush a lot of blood. I think its because of all the capillaries (mini-veins) that are right there.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I never had any pain with mine - I just started bleeding. They were more of a irritation like a runny nose than painful like a scraped knee.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

I never had any pain with mine - I just started bleeding. They were more of a irritation like a runny nose than painful like a scraped knee.
I as never one to get nose bleeds so it was scary for me. Fortunately DH was there to stem my panic as he has had them frequently. Knowing my concerned momma zone I get into I would have called 9-1-1

karicassie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I had a nosebleed like that once and it scared the bejesus out of me, mostly cause I don't know how much blood a person can loose and not pass out and it was bleeding alot, it probably was'nt that much but it seemed like a lot.