What do you do as a servant of your feline companion?

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am such a sucker sometimes! Maia has me so well trained! She was across the room and had this look of uncertainty. So I ask her do you want to go outside(outside is small screened porch). She eventually strolls over and stops in front of an ottoman that is in her direct path, looks at me, and before I realize it, I am moving it! It just makes me giggle anyway!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well, i have screened deck, and i will leave the door open just a little so they can come and go. And i have to sit near the door, where they can see me, or they wont stay out there.

just the other day, i thought i was going to blow cause i had to go to the bathroom sooo bad, but i did not want to move due to eazy sleeping around my neck, and heyu in my lap.

also i have to play with them as soon as i get home, so i must wave around the laser light, and toss little fuzzy balls, for eazy to play fetch with.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yesterday i cought the kitties tearing up some carpet when colin was away- it was just a little spot- so i threw away the evidence
he'll never know!! shhhhhhh!
my kitties make me cover up their crimes

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chynna has me trained to:
- pick her up when she taps my leg
- to scoop the litter box when she sits in the hall next to my computer

Abby has me trained to:
- open the cupboard door under the sink so she can look in there to see if Chynna is locked in. Chynna can open the cupboard, but Abby lays on the floor and paws at the door to let me know it's closed
- pull out the laser light and play. She sits on the arm of the couch and stares are the wall and meows.
- go to bed. When she's tired and wants me to go to bed so she can come to bed and cuddle, she runs to the bedroom everytime I get up.

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh wow...lets see...these are just a few steps of my training!

Booger -will sit in front of the fridge until I open the freezer and let her watch the "steam" pour out. I also have to fluff her bed everynight and I have to do it just right,or she will not lay in it!

Lil Bit....if I'm sitting in the living room,she will saunter up and sit directly in front of me until I say "what cha wanting PuPuss...then I have to follow her. If I get led to her food dish,I have to at least act like I'm giving her fresh crunchies before she will even look at her food and it has to be right out of the bag! Other times I have to go with her to the litter box and stay with her until she's done her duty! (shh..don't tell that I told on her) I alsio have to sit and hold her if my daughter or the other cats come anywhere near me. Yep...she's my alpha girl!

Anna- Little Anna (youngest,not smallest!) I have been trained to jump up when ever she comes running to me, squeeling about whatever it is she has found at that time. I'm expected to stay right on her heels until I see what ever she is wanting me to see and I'm have tell her what a good hunter my little girl is!! Of course,I get rewarded myself by her silent mouth quiver and a squinch of her eyes and I know I've made her proud!!

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What dont they have me trained to do, that is the question

Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

yesterday i cought the kitties tearing up some carpet when colin was away- it was just a little spot- so i threw away the evidence
he'll never know!! shhhhhhh!
my kitties make me cover up their crimes
Thats me and my mom all the way!

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My cats even have me trained by remote control I think. Yesterday I went to the pet store just to get food. They had these wonderful scratching posts that are really tall with a wide base and the post itself is square so they can really stretch out against it. I made it by them once to get the food, I didn't make it by them a second time coming back with the food. I think that's why they have the food at the back of the store. It has already become their favorite thing to scratch.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
These are so cute! A couple more things Maia has me programmed to, going in the bathroom? Must see if she wants to come in as well, usually after closing the door.....
All bags that enter thy home must be relinquished to her after, during, or before emptying (depends on if it is done quick enough)......
If she chirps, more like chups at me, this is need for love! No problem!
You can't help but love all these silly control methods they have over us!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sophie will sometimes sit at the kitchen door at cry wanting to be in the conservatory, or she'll do the same at the door leading to the porch and the bedroom door. Sometimes it's just to have a look around and come straight back in, especially the porch and bedroom, but no matter how late it is i'll get of the sofa and open the door for her

Rosie sits and headbutts me all through my breakfast until i cave in and give her some treats

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ProudKittieMom

I lift them over the gates so that they don't have to jump. They sit there until I do, or at the door to the kitchen so I can set them free from the living room (room is blocked by a kid's gate and a door so my sons don't go wandering.)

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ProudKittieMom

My boys have me 100% fully trained... I am their 24 hr slave

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What scooping poop isn't enough!
No Phantom has trained me to conversate with her. And when I want her I have to meow and she comes. Phenom has me trained to find her when I get home and give her a belly rub! There is more I am sure! I just can't think of it all right now!

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i keep kitty treats on the end table next to the couch...well the kitties know that they are treat containers. sometimes they will jump up on the couch arm, and stare longingly. usually that works. but if i'm especially dense, raven & nabu have been known to rub on the treat jars then look at me. and when THAT doesn't work, usually one of them will push the container down onto the floor so it makes that signature "treat jar rattle" sound.

my cats also like to be picked up and carried around. this is especially funny when you realize we live in a 1-bedroom apartment, and it's not a large one.

they do lots of other silly stuff, but that's all i could think of for now.

whosamyhercules

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hercules has me trained to be his perfect slave. Hes never locked outta the bedroom because he will tear up the carpet and howl like hes being maimed. He also will never eat unless there is fresh food on his side of the dish. Yesterday I was sweeping the floor and half of his body was on the tile part and I had to sweep around him. He also has a special pillow on my side of the bed because that is technically his side and since Im shorter I can move down further on the bed. He also knows just how to get me up in the middle of the night to feed him again. Im such a sucker for my squishy man!

graykittenlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes cat's are master trainers of their people.

Gandalf has trained me to -
Let him up on my lap to nap if he sits by myside and meows
Rub his belly if he rolls over in front of me.

Samwise has me trained to -

Open the windows in the house so he can look out and watch the birds just by giving me a sad look.
Pick him up and cuddle him with a humped back and sad meow

They both have my mother trained to give them treats if they act like they want them. She's a sucker for those sweet grey faces.

summerkid710

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When Bubba wants a drink of water from the bathroom faucet in the middle of the night, he opens my medicine cabinet which squeaks to wake me up. I can basically turn the water on to trickle and get back into bed without really waking up now. It's like sleepwalking.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Boog's Mom

I do his laundry.
I think it is more like he is helping you do laundry.......atleast that is what you allow him to think!
Hey if we can do laundry with a smile, then it is help! I know that made me smile!

jenny1124

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Princess likes to look out the window and I happen to have a foot stool that is very close to the height of the bottom of the window here by the computer, so I put that there for her to sit on. When she wants to sit on the window sill though and it's cold or uncomfortable, she will sit there and look at me until I take notice and put a towel there for her, then she will go and lay on the towel and look outside

She also has a folded up twin size quilt on my computer desk so she is comfortable when she is in here with me.. *sigh*

I'm trying to teach her to scratch on her cardboard scratcher, so whenever she wants a treat she will go paw at it a little bit and then stare at me and continue to do that until I notice and get her a treat.

She lives up to her name