What do you use to get stains out of your laundry?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just curious what everyone uses to get stains out of laundry,carpets,etc. I have tried quite a few products over time (shout, spray & wash, clear dish soap, baking soda,goo gone) they all seem to work about the same. Tonight i picked up some Oxy Clean (in the little spray bottle the blue liquid). Figured i'd give that a try! We use Nature's Miracle for Cats when the kitties get sick or have an accident as it is an exzymatic cleaner.What do you use?
what have you tried that you would not use again?

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i use the wife or the maid.
i can have itta bring the maid back with her, and we can loan her to you?
how about i loan you the wife?(just kidding, and i hate having a maid which i wont let itta bring with her to the US
)

beleave it or not but i hvae used that hmm oxyclean i think the name its, and it seems to work.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

i use the wife or the maid.
i can have itta bring the maid back with her, and we can loan her to you?
how about i loan you the wife?(just kidding, and i hate having a maid which i wont let itta bring with her to the US
)

beleave it or not but i hvae used that hmm oxyclean i think the name its, and it seems to work.
glad to hear oxyclean works!!
hehe and bruce you're bad
my mom cleans houses for a living- and i think she uses oxyclean (and other stuff) to get stains out. i need to ask her!

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I haven't found anything that I wouldn't buy again, but I like Shout for the most part, I have a Spray 'n Wash stick that I use on brown tinged stains, and a clorox bleach pen for the spots on white. I also use Oxyclean in the wash.

I recently found Shout Advanced for set in stains, and I have to say, I'm pretty impressed! Right after I bought it, I had a light blue shirt go through the laundry (yep, the dryer) with a quarter sized (at least!) brown stain (probably my cup of cocoa
)on it. It took about 4 weeks of laundry ( spray it, let it dry and sit for about a week, and then washing once a week or so), but it came out and the shirt color where it was is fine!
I've never had that happen- where it actually goes away, bit by bit, each time I wash it, until it's actually gone!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsallover

Well, I haven't found anything that I wouldn't buy again, but I like Shout for the most part, I have a Spray 'n Wash stick that I use on brown tinged stains, and a clorox bleach pen for the spots on white. I also use Oxyclean in the wash.

I recently found Shout Advanced for set in stains, and I have to say, I'm pretty impressed! Right after I bought it, I had a light blue shirt go through the laundry (yep, the dryer) with a quarter sized (at least!) brown stain (probably my cup of cocoa
)on it. It took about 4 weeks of laundry ( spray it, let it dry and sit for about a week, and then washing once a week or so), but it came out and the shirt color where it was is fine!
I've never had that happen- where it actually goes away, bit by bit, each time I wash it, until it's actually gone!
wow! i'll have to try that shout advanced stuff sometime!!

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well,I'm kinda odd....I just use fantastik,(which I always have on hand) for all my laundry stains,and a dab of shampoo for anything greasy.Of course...most of my laundry is mainly t-shirts and jeans...no designer lines,unfortunately.

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love love oxyclean for househouse stuff. It gets the stain out of pretty much anything. I love that stuff.
And other than that, I use Shout.
And it depends on what kind of stain it is for everything else, the MIL has some "home" wierd made-up stuff, that actually works.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When it is a bad stain, I let the garment soak in a mixture of dishwashing ( the crystal stuff that you put in a dishwasher) and water and I just keep rubbing the stain with it.

It works real good.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have used both shout and oxyclean as well and I like them both. Something that I have found works really well on carpets for pet accidents is a paste of baking soda. Just put it on let sit for 10 minutes or so then rub well with a damp cloth.
My grandmother swore by baking soda for everything and she got me in the habit of adding a couple of tablespoons to my laundry when I do blankets, curtains anything like that...Great odour fighter especially if you have a wood stove or a smoker in the house...Stain fighter too I have electric heat and it does a number on my drapes which are a light dusty rose. They look brand new after the baking soda treatment.

wesley's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use Spray N Wash stain stick for colors and a Clorox bleach pen for my whites. I love them both. They work well.

roxie225

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Wesley's Mom

I use Spray N Wash stain stick for colors and a Clorox bleach pen for my whites. I love them both. They work well.
Same here and I swear by them! BF is the messiest person so I use these often and they work great!

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
we just presoak with some laundry detergent usually. method free & clear most of the time. woolite dark for work clothes (we have a lot of darks, LOL). i usually just wash the kitties' laundry in hot water. i only put nature's miracle in with the kitties laundry if it's really gross. and that's pretty rare with my guys.

whosamyhercules

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I use all kindsa stuff...I have dawn with bleach alternative that I use to hand wash things with set in stains and it works amazingly. I also have tuff stuff that I used on our white carpet when we had it but it didnt do good with all the grease stains in the carpets from daves butthead x roomies that were mechanics. You would think someone with dirty shoes would have been respectful enough of someones house to take their shoes off. I also have the Tide To Go pen from when I was a waitress that is AMAZING...It worked awesome on stains and quick fixes for at work. It even got out bbq sauce. But the best so far is bleach and color safe bleach...its worked the best. I tried oxyclean but it didnt do anything to help with stains. Shout is pretty good for easy stains that you catch right away but if they are set in stains I stick with hand washing and scrubbing them out

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Usually I use Zout to get out set in stains. It works on blood, ink and even makeup. Lately, I've tried Spot Shot carpet cleaner on a couple of stubborn set in clothing stains that the Zout didn't get out, and it worked! So now I have two really great stain treatments in my arsenal! Carpet stains (from cat puke) are so easy to clean with the Spot Shot that I never even bother with anything else. I tried Oxy Clean on my nursing whites (back when I was in nursing school) and wasn't impressed at all. I wasn't impressed with it on carpet stains either.

jujubee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I use Dawn dish soap on what i know are 'grease' stains. I put the soap on the stain and alittle HOT water, then launder. I use Eucalyptus soap on just about everything else.

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spray n Wash stain stick is awesome! I recently tried it and works great and even better than Shout! I have both now!

samantha1979

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We used to have a roommate who had a pit bull who liked to mark everything in our house as "his". So I saw this infomercial, and thought I would try it. It is that Urine Gone stuff. Came with a tiny black light, you are supposed to be able to see the stains disappear under the light.

First, the blacklight is so tiny that you can barely see anything in complete darkness. Second, it doesn't work. Not at all. At least not for me.

So, the lesson I learned AGAIN, is that if it seems too good to be true, it probably is.