Hair removal?

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
I just wondered what hair removal techniques you girls used? Ive pretty much been shaving my legs for years now. The epilator was painful, waxing was painful, letting it grow back was scary and creams were messy and stinky. Shaving is easiest but annoying as you know you feel stubble the next day and you always run the risk of knicking yourself. I found a product (which i thought was reasonably new but isnt) that i bought today and will test out tonight. It's called Silkymit. It pretty much looks like fine sandpaper. You move it in clockwise and anti-clockwise motions on your legs to rub the hair off and exfoliate the skin. Eventually after some use the hair will stop growing back as much on my legs.

Have you guys used a product like this, and is it very effective? It wasnt very expensive so it is worth a try and if it doesnt work then there's no loss.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i use shick quattro with edge pro shave gel for sensitive skin. on days when i just need a quick touch up- i use shick intuition plus

for my eyebrows - i get them wax and pluck in between waxing.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Shaving for legs and pits, Sally Hansen wax strips for my upper lip. I'm considering laser hair removal for my lip, though.

aussie_dog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoriana

I just wondered what hair removal techniques you girls used? Ive pretty much been shaving my legs for years now. The epilator was painful, waxing was painful, letting it grow back was scary and creams were messy and stinky. Shaving is easiest but annoying as you know you feel stubble the next day and you always run the risk of knicking yourself. I found a product (which i thought was reasonably new but isnt) that i bought today and will test out tonight. It's called Silkymit. It pretty much looks like fine sandpaper. You move it in clockwise and anti-clockwise motions on your legs to rub the hair off and exfoliate the skin. Eventually after some use the hair will stop growing back as much on my legs.

Have you guys used a product like this, and is it very effective? It wasnt very expensive so it is worth a try and if it doesnt work then there's no loss.
Mom got something like that once, though I never used it. I tried it once, just a couple of circular motions, but the feeling gave me the heebie-jeebies (kind of like when you see someone scrape their nails on a chalkboard). I think I remember mom giving it raves, though she hasn't gotten it for a couple of years now. I completely forgot about it until this thread came up, lol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

I shave my legs, underarms, bikini areas (pretty much anything that needs to be shaved) - i use shick quattro with edge pro shave gel for sensitive skin. on days when i just need a quick touch up- i use shick intuition plus

for my eyebrows - i get them wax and pluck in between waxing.
OOh i use schick quattro too

Just a note on this thread, please don't tell me WHERE you shave!!! Just want to know what is best and if you've use the mitt things before

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

OOh i use schick quattro too

Just a note on this thread, please don't tell me WHERE you shave!!! Just want to know what is best and if you've use the mitt things before
oh sorry

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

oh sorry
I just meant it didnt need to get too personal lol if you know what i mean!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use body sugar.

I started out using "Alexandria Body Sugar" which I really like.

Then I tried that NADS, which I really hate. It's terrible.

Given that I know what the final sugar is supposed to look like and work, I now make my own.

The ony hair that the body sugar won't remove are the really coarse hair like men's beards or the wirey hair that us women tend to get on our upper lip and chin as we age. For that I use a home waxing kit.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

What are you like!

I get waxed at the salon
hey,i did try to wax my head once, it did not come out to well,
so i will jsut stick to razors

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
erm, I mix up, my epilator broke a few years ago and i just bought a new one, although i dont think its good enough for my standards and plan on returning it some time today!!!!

I do wax my upper lip with veet cold wax, and i just shave, epilate or wax my underarms and legs.

I really enjoy epilating my underarms, it gets rid of my agression!

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

It's called Silkymit. It pretty much looks like fine sandpaper. You move it in clockwise and anti-clockwise motions on your legs to rub the hair off and exfoliate the skin. Eventually after some use the hair will stop growing back as much on my legs.

I tried that once- didn't like it too much as it seemed like an awful lot of "sanding" and, as I recall, didn't last as long as I would like for the amount of effort I put in. Though it did make my legs nice and smooth!

Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I use body sugar.

I started out using "Alexandria Body Sugar" which I really like.

Then I tried that NADS, which I really hate. It's terrible.

Given that I know what the final sugar is supposed to look like and work, I now make my own.
I'm a sugar-er too! I love it, it's easy to do, pretty painless and now that I'm used to it I can do it pretty quickly. I just don't like that I tend to make a mess with it so I have to clean my bathroom afterwards.

One time I tried those "pre-waxed" strips- they were the worst things ever. I found they hurt a lot, and yet left all the hair on my legs. That was not a good experience.

Do you mind explaining how you make your sugar? I'd be very interested in trying to make my own as well.

princess-pickle

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
OH NO! You've just reminded me it's time for the shorts to come out for summer, I need a good way to shave too! Waxing stings lots. Lucky for men! They don't exactly have to shave.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I grew up using one of the ancient electric-razor torture devices. On my legs I use a Venus now. And pits. Armpits are disgusting.

Eyebrows I'm all about the tweezers.

I do wax and I use the strips that come in a box, that you just rub between your hands, peel, press, and pull. Anything involving melting or tongue depressor sticks ends in disaster, including sticking all my cleaning supplies to their bucket (long story- wax leaked everywhere). I like it because I can't shave the bikini area without looking like I have chicken pox
and if you do it right it doesn't hurt too bad.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I shave everything
She asked WHAT you use to shave, not WHAT you shave!
TMI!!

I use a razor- but I don't remember what kind they are....
Sometimes I just use John's, cuz mens work better than women's do!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
You guys!!!

Originally Posted by fwan

I really enjoy epilating my underarms, it gets rid of my agression!
Originally Posted by theimp98

hey share away, i promise i wont look
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I shave everything

Well fine let's get into the nitty gritty of the thread :p eyebrows - pluck. armpits - shave. legs - shave (or silkymit from now on) hmm hmm - shave

Aaaaaaaaaanyway i think i should go before i get in trouble