Kitty the mouser! Not for the squemish. pics

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, Kitty just came in making strange noises so I went to see what was wrong and he had a big fat mouse in his mouth, still very much alive!

He let it go in the lounge and my camera was out so I took 2 pic`s while I was working out how the heck I was going to catch it.

Luckily, Mr Bo Jangles ran off under the side board and I pulled the end out and Kitty was kind of round the back and didn`t see him run out under the fish tank where I was able to catch him in a buiscuit tub!

So Mr Bo Jangles was released back to the wild away from the house and when I came back Kitty was still looking under the sideboard and batting underneath trying to get him

Sorry Kitty but You snooze, You lose!

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband said, "What kind of self-respecting cat doesn't catch the mouse before the human does?"

I'm glad he's okay, though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks!

Well last night he came in with anouther only it was 'silly o'clock' and I was woken up to the sound of him crashing around in the hall. Unfortunatly this one was already dead and he was having great fun throwing it up in the air. ( Poor Mouse! )

I went back to sleep then this morning it was the first thing I looked for. No sign. No evidence it had been eaten so I thought he`d taken it back out. It was only when I came back from the bathroom that I saw it right next to my bed!!!

How kind of Kitty to provide for the family

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Godiva

My husband said, "What kind of self-respecting cat doesn't catch the mouse before the human does?"
Yes, sometimes I wonder about Kittys IQ

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jaffacake

It was only when I came back from the bathroom that I saw it right next to my bed!!!

How kind of Kitty to provide for the family
Mine left one under my husbands pillow one day. We didn't find it until 3AM when it started to smell. Another time they tried to tuck one into my briefcase.

My big lesson: even if the mouse is dead, take it away from them or they will find some really bad place to hide it.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

Mine left one under my husbands pillow one day. We didn't find it until 3AM when it started to smell.
WHAT?!

I want to laugh but I feel a little bit sicky now!

Maybe he thought you`d like a midnight feast?

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
While my daughter was staying last week, Dushka caught a mouse and decided to eat it in her bedroom. My daughter woke up to 'squelchy and crunchy sounds', accompanied by a lot of growling, as the other cats sat in a circle watching. There wasn't a trace left afterwards - disgusting, but the others even licked up the blood.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That first picture is an awesome one!!! Good thing you got the little mousey before the kitty snarfed him down!

We had the same sort of fun happen at our apartment. Although, sadly the mousey didn't make it

Enzo had a blast showing me the mouse and playing with it before I finally caught him and pryed it out of his mouth. Cats have the strongest jaws!!!

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

That first picture is an awesome one!!! Good thing you got the little mousey before the kitty snarfed him down!

We had the same sort of fun happen at our apartment. Although, sadly the mousey didn't make it

Enzo had a blast showing me the mouse and playing with it before I finally caught him and pryed it out of his mouth. Cats have the strongest jaws!!!
Awww, bless! They`re so proud of their kill, aren`t they.

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Roimata

That mouse is sooooooooooooo cute *wants it* LOL, how can people hate mice?
I really don`t like to be near them but I don`t hate them. They just move so fast and give me the heeby-geebys! My friend used to let her pet mouse out just so she could watch me squirm