Razors are cursed.

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, I was shaving my legs today, as I do everyday, and I thought to myself, "Why do I have to shave my legs everyday?" I never used to have shave every day...How come now?

Like 6 months ago, I only shaved like every 3 days, sometimes 2 days. And then I bought the Venus Vibrance.
It's pink, and it vibrates a little to supposedly get the hair off better and keep it off longer. I'm sure you all have heard/seen it.
SO-What I'm wondering....

I betcha they put hair growing gel in that there razor head, where the little strips of jelly stuff is....

OR I have some wierd hair growing disiese,

OR because I moved to Florida, the sun/heat makes my hair grow more.

There's just gotta be some explanation for this.
It's like, I shave everyday, and every morning when I get back in the shower, I got stubblies. Whats up with that?

How often do you all shave, and like does your hair grow back fast?
And for pete's sake, does anyone have the Venus Vibrance, and thought the same thing?

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are crazy Leah!! I shave 2-3 times a week normally. Mine doesn't grow super fast though.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I only shave if my legs will be shown off. I do not wear shorts because of some ugly scars on my legs. So, unless I'm wearing a dress or going swimming, I never shave!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use the regular venus but I don't usually shave. I usually use an epilator and that keeps me smooth for a week or more if I did a thurough job.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

You are crazy Leah!! I shave 2-3 times a week normally. Mine doesn't grow super fast though.
Ha.
Well 2-3 times a week, is something like every other day, or every 2 days, and so then do you have stubblies when you go to shave again?

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

I use the regular venus but I don't usually shave. I usually use an epilator and that keeps me smooth for a week or more if I did a thurough job.
What in the world is an epilator?

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes I do have stubbles but not long enough to see really only enough to feel

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My leg hair is naturally blonde so I'd have to have let it grow LONG before you'd actually notice

I do keep regular maintenance though. About 1 time a week in the winter (7-10 days) and 2-3 times per week in the summer.

It's all dependent on how much I'll be showing off my legs.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lilleah

What in the world is an epilator?
I'm not sure you really wanna know!

It looks like an electric razor but it's actually a rotating head that hold dozens of tiny automatically opening & closing tweezers! http://www.worth1000.com/entries/176...6798bhJG_w.jpg <thats the one I have. It looks really scary and I'd NEVER use it anywhere other than my legs and under arms. It hurts at first but I relate it to getting a tattoo you get a little numb then it's not so bad.

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm not sure you really wanna know!

It looks like an electric razor but it's actually a rotating head that hold dozens of tiny automatically opening & closing tweezers! http://www.worth1000.com/entries/176...6798bhJG_w.jpg <thats the one I have. It looks really scary and I'd NEVER use it anywhere other than my legs and under arms. It hurts at first but I relate it to getting a tattoo you get a little numb then it's not so bad.
I couldnt get the link to work, But it sounds harsh. I have a tattoo, but I wouldnt want to do that myself every week or so. Wow. You're brave. Little tweezers eh? Wow. Yeah, I wont be doing any of that. Sounds scary enough.

And So what do you people think the problem is?
Is it because I moved to Florida? Or the hair growing gel in the strips? Or am I just going to be hairy for the rest of my life? I cant figure it out.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I couldnt get the link to work, But it sounds harsh. I have a tattoo, but I wouldnt want to do that myself every week or so. Wow. You're brave. Little tweezers eh? Wow. Yeah, I wont be doing any of that. Sounds scary enough.

And So what do you people think the problem is?
Is it because I moved to Florida? Or the hair growing gel in the strips? Or am I just going to be hairy for the rest of my life? I cant figure it out.
It's pretty brutal at first but after a few times it's not so bad and I think it's worth it for a few reasons. I have less ingrown hairs, it last way longer than shaving and I save $$ on buying razors (the good ones are expensive!). (I also wax/sugar my bikini area and have been called a masochist before
)

I think the new environment could be to blame... but I like the conspiracy theory better! If you could prove it you'd have a huge legal case against Gilette. LOL

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I know the more often you cut your hair, the faster it grows...it might work the same way with razors, I suppose. Did you start shaving more often for some reason and have to keep doing it, or did you just all of the sudden have to start shaving more often?

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sandtigress

Well, I know the more often you cut your hair, the faster it grows...it might work the same way with razors, I suppose. Did you start shaving more often for some reason and have to keep doing it, or did you just all of the sudden have to start shaving more often?
Actually, the thing about cutting your hair is a myth. May be different for leg hair but the hair on you head averages a half in per month no matter what you do to it, take for it or put on it.

Though that does remind me, have you tried a shave minimizing lotion? I used to use one and it seemed to help.

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It's pretty brutal at first but after a few times it's not so bad and I think it's worth it for a few reasons. I have less ingrown hairs, it last way longer than shaving and I save $$ on buying razors (the good ones are expensive!). (I also wax/sugar my bikini area and have been called a masochist before
)

I think the new environment could be to blame... but I like the conspiracy theory better! If you could prove it you'd have a huge legal case against Gilette. LOL
I KNOW! Wouldnt that be AWESOME?!!

And your thing does look intense. Little too much for me. I think I'll stick with my hair accelerator vibrating razor. lol.
But Yeah, you're totally right on that aspect of the good ones being expensive!!
It's CRAZZZY! My blades are like 12 bucks I think.

THAT'S BECAUSE THEY CAN GET AWAY WITH CHARGING THAT MUCH BECAUSE EVERYBODY THAT USES IT HAS TO GO BUY RAZORS LIKE EVERY OTHER DAY, BECAUSE THIER HAIR WONT STOP GROWING!
Gosh I'm so smart.

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sandtigress

I started to shave more often, because of moving to Florida, and having wear shorts every ever-lovin' day.
But not really that much more often, because I too have blonde leg hairs, and let them grow a little before shaving, but it's just like, if I don't shave for 2 days now, you can see the little buggers right on me. Almost as if they are changing to a darker color, which is wierd, because my head hair is lightening.

And I have not tried shave minimizing lotion. Didnt know there was such a thing. I've used Nair before, but that stuff stinks so bad, and makes my legs all sensitive like.
That reminds me, I seen my SO use Nair on his head.
Fun stuff right there.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

THAT'S BECAUSE THEY CAN GET AWAY WITH CHARGING THAT MUCH BECAUSE EVERYBODY THAT USES IT HAS TO GO BUY RAZORS LIKE EVERY OTHER DAY, BECAUSE THIER HAIR WONT STOP GROWING!
Gosh I'm so smart.
Yeah, that should be only if you decide to cut grass [as in the green thing that grows in your yard] with the blades...or really thick and extremely long hair

And I have not tried shave minimizing lotion. Didnt know there was such a thing. I've used Nair before, but that stuff stinks so bad, and makes my legs all sensitive like.
That reminds me, I seen my SO use Nair on his head.
Fun stuff right there.
I definitely know Jergens makes such a product. I think there is another brand out there too, but I forget if there is one.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i've always heard that your hair grows faster in the warmer months (wonder if that's true or not though
) I use the Shick Quattro every few days on my legs/under arms (and i use Edge Pro-Shave Gel for Sensitive Skin -the mens stuff works better lol). In between using my "real" razor- i use the Shick Intuition for touchups and my underarms it works sooooooo well and is really quick when you're in a hurry !!!
(oh but definitely Do NOT use that on your bikini area!!!!)

oh yeah- be sure to exfoliate regurally to sloth off dead skin cells/etc that can cause ingrown hairs/etc. and moisturize after your shave