Kittens and water

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ok, how do i keep my 5-6 week old rescues OUT of their water bowl? they seem to enjoy going into the water bowl, then the litterbox, and its making me have to clean them and the kennel 3x a day, thats getting TIRING,lol

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My quick response would be...give them all a bath!

My actual answer is, move the water bowl further away from the litterbox. Water is a "toy" to most babies

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think there is anyway to stop it, mine do it too. 10 incredibly active 4 & 5 week old kittens + water bowl + litter box = huge messes for me many times a day! One of the kittens likes to grab the edges of the towels that I put in there for bedding and he'll actually drag them over to the water bowl. And one of the kittens has figured out how to get her feet on the edge just right and dump the entire bowl all over everyone.

keisha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The joys of having kittens.. I cant wait untill mine are doign that stuff, yes i'm crazy over here...

gothicangel69

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What about using a different type of litter? Yesterdays News won't stick to them when it gets wet. That might be the best solution, or you could try giving them a tiny water dish instead. One that they can't climb into or a ceramic one that they won't be able to tip over.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I must have had weird rex kittens cause they didn't play in the water and then go walk in the litter pan....they just liked playing in water/sink, etc.

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bnwalker2

I don't think there is anyway to stop it, mine do it too. 10 incredibly active 4 & 5 week old kittens + water bowl + litter box = huge messes for me many times a day! One of the kittens likes to grab the edges of the towels that I put in there for bedding and he'll actually drag them over to the water bowl. And one of the kittens has figured out how to get her feet on the edge just right and dump the entire bowl all over everyone.
Oh how wonderful kittens are!