Have you ever solved one?

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you ever solved a rubicks cube? Iwas playing wiht one I have on my desk and relized I have never solved one. Have you?

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
nope, I only have a few squares out of place but the more I try to solve it the more messed up I get it.

my sister solved hers by pulling the coloured stickers off and replacing them in the right places

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

my sister solved hers by pulling the coloured stickers off and replacing them in the right places
That's EXACTLY what I did after trying for weeks to solve it!
I was soo fed up with it!

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I've solved one the removing the colored stickers route!
Same here. Of course, when I did that I didn't realize you would never be able to "properly" solve the puzzle again, but I'm not sure I would have cared if I had known ... (Patience is not known to be one of my virtues.
)

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My parents *claim* that I could solve the cube in less then a minute. Honestly though since I can remember, I never remember solving it. My mom said that I could do it when I was too.

I do remember actually taking the blocks apart and putting them back together correctly though. I never did the sticker thing

cocoalily

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My dad can solve it the "traditional" way in a twenty minutes. He showed me how to, but I swear I'll never be able to remember the right pattern to twist the blocks in!

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can usually solve one in an hour or less. It just takes practice to get used to what to do in what situation. I haven't done one for a couple years though so I'm probably a little rusty.

jujubee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I bought my daughter one for Christmas, she's 10 and wanted one. I downloaded instructions so I could show off; boy was that a mistake! I think the instructions are harder to solve!

catmomof2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
For my birthday my sister had one made for me instead of colors on each side there were pictures of me on it......LOL ( was a gag gift ) I messed it up and tried and tried and tried to put it back but couldnt.I threw it out

bakearama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have never tried to solve one but I know that I would be really bad at it. There is a group of kids at my school who carry them around all day working on them. It is a bit strange.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

Have you ever solved a rubicks cube? Iwas playing wiht one I have on my desk and relized I have never solved one. Have you?
No, but why do you ask? Are they making a comeback? It seems like about thirty years since I saw one, about the same time as the Space Invaders game. The reason I ask is because I saw one of the birds that dunk into a glass of water sitting in front of them, and the shopkeeper that had it acted like it was brand new. I had one when I was a kid. I may not be the oldest guy on this site but that dunking bird sure isn't new!
But I do have a Hula Hoop that I keep hoping my grandchildren will get a kick out of some day if my daughter ever gets around to helping out.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To my recollection I have never been able to legitimatly solve it, though I could get three sides done! I almost bought one the other day too though just cuz I wanted to see if I could. I may have to try again!

cinder

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Rubick's cubes and the Friday newspaper sudoku are beyond my comprehension.