I'm certified!!!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats - I would be afraid to scuba - not a very strong swimmer!

dragoro

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
As a certified scuba instructor, you sayin your not going to open the book again scares the hell out of me. Do yourself a huge favor. Go buy a dive computer, least that way, you wont missguess your dive times.

dragoro

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Do me a favor. Dont grab at fish that you dont know what are. I cant count the times Ive had to pull people away from fish cause they were grabbing fish that could hurt them. I even caught the guy that formed the Boston Police rescue dive squad grabbing at a stone fish. Couldnt believe it. Youd think hed of been smarter than that.

Edit: For those that dont know, Stone fish have spines on thier back that are extremely poisonous, and hurt extremely bad. They aint fatal, but if ya get hit by one, you would wish they were fatal. A guy in australia got hit in the hand by one, and in order to get rid of the pain, he cut his hand off. Im not making that up. People get thier diving license and think they know everything they need to. In fact, your just begining to learn. Please dont take diving as a joke, its lots of fun, theres beautifull things to see, but theres always a risk too.

http://www.amonline.net.au/FISHES/st...us/sverruc.htm

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fireblossom4

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoro

As a certified scuba instructor, you sayin your not going to open the book again scares the hell out of me. Do yourself a huge favor. Go buy a dive computer, least that way, you wont missguess your dive times.
Oh no! I wuz just kidding, I'll still use the book!!!
And yes I am getting dive computers!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fireblossom4

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoro

Do me a favor. Dont grab at fish that you dont know what are. I cant count the times Ive had to pull people away from fish cause they were grabbing fish that could hurt them. I even caught the guy that formed the Boston Police rescue dive squad grabbing at a stone fish. Couldnt believe it. Youd think hed of been smarter than that.

Edit: For those that dont know, Stone fish have spines on thier back that are extremely poisonous, and hurt extremely bad. They aint fatal, but if ya get hit by one, you would wish they were fatal. A guy in australia got hit in the hand by one, and in order to get rid of the pain, he cut his hand off. Im not making that up. People get thier diving license and think they know everything they need to. In fact, your just begining to learn. Please dont take diving as a joke, its lots of fun, theres beautifull things to see, but theres always a risk too.

http://www.amonline.net.au/FISHES/st...us/sverruc.htm
I am veeeeeeery careful wat i touch!!!
Belive me!
And being a major tree hugger, I wouldn't dare hurt the environment!

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations.

I love to watch the shows on TV where people dive and take cameras with them.
It looks so beautiful.
But watching on TV is as close as I'll ever come, I can't swim at all and I won't go in water that's more than waist deep.

lochnessmonster

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Congratulations! I did everything on the day of the test except take my mask off and on. I had a nasty attack of the he-be-ge-bees.............needless to say I failed.

dragoro

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fireblossom4

Oh no! I wuz just kidding, I'll still use the book!!!
And yes I am getting dive computers!!!
Please do. The certification is really much much too easy. For most people, they seem to grasp just how serious knowing the tables and times is, but theres always people that dont take it seriously, and thats a death sentence. I really think they need to make it much harder, and also teach how to use dive computers because thats what most people fall back on so they dont have to do the math.

In any case, congradulations, and have fun diving. Remember, the best wreck diving is in fresh water!!!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
cool, there is a ton of fun things to see and do now,
hehe, if you ever get the chance, to to bali for there diving.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats!!
I LOVE diving, but haven't been for about 4 yrs. I moved from Guam to landlocked Maryland and somehow diving in lakes just isn't the same. I didn't even notice where you are...are there a lot of places to dive there or are you going to have to travel?

Have fun blowing bubbles!