Spooky Miss Moofi

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well it seems she'll never have a 100% recovery of her eye - see it still doesn't reflect light
and the thing is I don't know what that really means, she jumps about OK, she can judge distance fine, she has no pain or watering, so I guess she's OK - thats Pepsi with her.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww Miss Moofs ............. do they know if she can see out of it? I remember they said it would take a 'while' for her to totally recover, what exactly is a 'while'? Like Susan said shes doing fine anyway so either way, it doesnt matter.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wouldn't worry too much. Poor vision in one eye is very noticeable. The kitty will see very "off balance". My Fafeena is almost blind in one eye. She walks into things on that side. If someone approaches her from that side, she jumps out of her skin.

Miss Moofs is just as cute with one glowing eye as she would be with two.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Can she see anything at all out of it Ann?. Either way she's managing ok!
well I dont really know if my vet knows what proper tests to do
she does check with a light and she says there is movement with the pupil dilating a bit and more than when it 1st happened......she also does a test where she moves her finger close to that eye and Moofs sees it and moves away, if you get my meaning.....

Originally Posted by Pami

Awww Miss Moofs ............. do they know if she can see out of it? I remember they said it would take a 'while' for her to totally recover, what exactly is a 'while'?
I had her checked recently and as mentioned above the vet did these tests and she was pleased with what she saw .......the vet said she had no idea when and if it would ever be 100%

Originally Posted by white cat lover

I wouldn't worry too much. Poor vision in one eye is very noticeable. The kitty will see very "off balance". My Fafeena is almost blind in one eye. She walks into things on that side. If someone approaches her from that side, she jumps out of her skin.

Miss Moofs is just as cute with one glowing eye as she would be with two.
Well Moofs never bangs into things, her walking and running is as normal. She can judge distances and jumps perfectly well, never misses
I've also done the 'moving a finger near her eye' when she doesn't expect it and she moves away quickly so she must sense movement, so maybe she can see perfectly well, she's not skittish at all and as you know Teddy is always creeping up on her
It sure looks weird though !

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would say she can see just fine in day light but at night she might not be able to see as well as other cats with perfect sight. It shouldn't be anything serious but chances are it could be a little annoyance to her for a while.