Zebra was in my boxspring

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Somehow Zebra yesterday managed to get inside my boxspring. There is a little rip in the bottom and she managed to crawl through and walk around inside of it. The weirdest thing though is under my bed there is a spare mattress that is like right up against the bed so there is no extra room where she could have gotten onto it to get into the boxspring.
I really don't understand how she could have done this. Once I got her out she was freaking out and she scratched my left arm all the way down. There is only 7 scratches left now, the rest weren't very bad so they went away quickly.

Has anyone elses cat ever done anything weird like this?

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When Harley and Monster were kittens they destroyed the bottom of our boxsping! A little tear turned into a gaping hole. Trying to get them out was a pain in the butt. I've also had kittens that got inside the couch. They will crawl into anything whether they can really fit or not.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How come they have no problem getting in, but can never seem to find their own way out. Peepers did that with the bottom of our couch.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Reminds me of one time Maia had managed to crawl in side the couch frame! She was still a kit, and I can't remember what happened but she doesn't enjoy company....................I was looking all over for her and calling her, then suddenly I noticed a paw coming out of the lining on the bottom of the frame! It was nice to end up laughing, seeing this little paw, knowing finally where she was! But after that time, it was a real challenge to keep her out of the couch frame!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

That's crazy I wonder how she managed that...Well good thing she is out now ...did you patch up the hole?
No, not yet. It's hard to get at so I need my boyfriends help. I don't know if she will go in there anymore, she was hiding from company.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catlover19

No, not yet. It's hard to get at so I need my boyfriends help. I don't know if she will go in there anymore, she was hiding from company.
Thats what happened with Maia, it was company and I had to help her out and close up the entry, after finding it!
good luck!

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
Kinah used to do the same thing. It drove me nuts to hear her crawling around inside my bed while I was trying to sleep.

I ended up just putting the boxspring directly on the floor. My mattress is very thick anyways, so the bed is still at a normal height. Plus no more dust gathering under the bed!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Trout used to hang out in my old boxspring..she ripped a huge hole in the fabric and made herself a little home in there

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My girls get in there. But they get out too. They like playing in there and the bed is already torn up so oh well!!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tomas dug at the little rip in the side of mine too. I've stapled it twice, be he just rips it open again.

Luckily I can say "Tomas, get your furry little butt out of there" and he'll come out.

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats used to do that and I'd freak out after HOURS and HOURS of looking all over!

I finally got some specific sheets of wood (big enough for the whole bed), had a friend drill SMALL HOLES in it then put it on the frames before putting the rest of the mattresses on.

NO CATS can get into the boxspring/mattresses now! I HIGHLY recommend this for u guys.

It's really easy and cheap to do.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats haven't done it, but my rabbit, Hunny Bunny (RIP), made a hole in the bottom of the box spring and used to hide out in there. We didn't think too much of it until we found out that she was pooping in there, too.

If you're having problems keeping your cat (or your rabbit) out, one way to solve it is to pick up some chicken wire at the hardware store. Just staple it to the wooden frame on the bottom of the box spring. (Just make sure there aren't any rough wires sticking out that you can cut yourself on.) Hunny Bunny tried, but she was never able to get back in.