Meowing! At 5 am!!

vanillasugar

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Buddy used to MEOW all the time. Loud, obnoxious meows, pretty much whenever he felt like it, or whenever he wanted ANYTHING. Since we've moved it's pretty much stopped thank goodness, except one time, every day, consistantly. 5 am. I really appreciate that he's not meowing ALL the time anymore, but 5 am is only a little inconvenient! I mean even as my 7am alarm clock I could handle

Any tips to keep him from waking us up so early? He doesn't get fed in the morning, so he's not crying for earlier feeding. I think he just wants to play! Nya sleeps on the bed with us and won't get up to play with him, so I'm not sure what to do, as I'M not getting up to play with him! lol

Help! Please!

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ahhh, this is familiar! We tend to sleep one solid 6-9 hours a day, cats tend to sleep in 1-4 hour intervals a few times a day.... The only suggestion I could give, and this doesn't always apply, is to play with him for atleast 1 hour heavy before bedtime, get him to fully exert himself and exhausted but happy........

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you or can you leave a little dry food out? Perhaps having the ability to eat a bit of food early will satisfy him. He is probably just trying to tell you it is breakfast time!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vanillasugar

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you cheylink, I was actually thinking of playing with him before bed to "tucker him out", I'll try this tonight and for the next few nights to see if it makes a difference!

Ibandcats, Buddy's not the kind of cat I can leave food out for. He's a hoover
I've already extended their evening meal to as close to MY bedtime as I can, just so they're not bugging me for food. But thank you.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by vanillasugar

Thank you cheylink, I was actually thinking of playing with him before bed to "tucker him out", I'll try this tonight and for the next few nights to see if it makes a difference!

Ibandcats, Buddy's not the kind of cat I can leave food out for. He's a hoover
I've already extended their evening meal to as close to MY bedtime as I can, just so they're not bugging me for food. But thank you.
I have the same food issue with Maia! Can't leave food out, she devours it! She was a fatty till I figured out the several intervals of feeding, though she tries to trick me into feeding her more all the time! Good luck with the tuckering out!