the Daily Thread Tuesday 6-5

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning cat peeps!

More rain for us last nite, YAY!

Not much here except work,

No picture today, but it's World Environment Day. So BE GREEN!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Morning!!!
It's cloudy here today and a lot cooler, but i think it'll get warmer this afternoon.

I've bought 3 plants on my way into work this morning
An evergreen climber called "Passion flower", an evergreen Azalea called "Hot shot", and a spreading one called "Campanula".

Now, if only i was home to get them planted

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today is some sort of a "new start" or whatever for me.
Apprently I have become too comfortable with my SO, and have lost a significant amount of "sexiness". (In his eyes)
That pretty much about dropped my self-confidence, that I keep so preciously high.

There is a gym in my apartment complex, that I've been to before, but now am going everyday. I am also taking my daughter swimming everyday now too. Also, when I get up at 5:30 in the morning, and make him coffee and lunch for work, I usually go back to bed untill about 9. But no more.

During the time I'm waiting for my daughter to get up, I suppose I can do something domestic like. Laundry, dishes, man-bashing talk to myself...you know...the usual.

So wish me luck, as I start on this new adventure to bring sexy back.
I'm gonna need the luck, as I tend to quit things easily.

~Much love~

BY THE WAY: (editted to add)
Sunny Florida, expected high 88, partly cloudy. It's always like that, and I think I love it.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww Leah. That is a bog blow to an ego. But bravo to you for diong something about it!! You will feel tons better about yourself too! And I always thought your were cute in all your kareoke pics!!

Today is going to be a good day!!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I woke up this morning,
The sunshine was shining
I put on my happy face
I'm living, I'm able,
I'm breathing, I'm grateful
To put on my happy face

Well, the sun is not really shining..but you get my drift

Have a great day friends

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lilleah

Apprently I have become too comfortable with my SO, and have lost a significant amount of "sexiness". (In his eyes)
That pretty much about dropped my self-confidence, that I keep so preciously high.
I'm not suprised it has!
Theres a friend of mine who's husband has been putting her down for years, especially about her weight. She's leaving him as soon as the council give her a house

I wouldn't care but he's no Greek God himself!.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

Morning peeps

The sun isn't shining here either and it is raining too.

Bumps slept with us last night so I think he is feeling a little better
Is it
there too Eithne? Its only 8 degrees here!!

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning/afternoon all!

Last night Sonic returned the claw clippers that have been missing for 3 months. I thought that I had just lost them, but no everyone here was right, he had indeed stolen them. I think he returned them when he realised they were useless to him without opposable thumbs

I suppose I should be grateful that he didn't drop them on my head while I was asleep

It is a bit humid here today, overcast but warm. My flat feels like a greenhouse.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Is it
there too Eithne? Its only 8 degrees here!!
It is 13°C but not expected to get much warmer than that for the rest of the day. Once it stops raining it is actually perfect weather for me
any hotter and I know I will burn, even with sunblock

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning all.
We continue to get more rain (it has been raining for the past 3 weeks almost daily..storms...) and we got more last night, but they say that the next week will be dry and hot and sunny.

I am somewhat sad today due to the fact that my daughter has her last dance recital tonight. I have been there for every dance event in her life for the past 15 years. I know that she will be sad for this part of her life to end after tonight because that is all she has known. But she will be dancing in college and getting a fine arts degree..

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

I'm not suprised it has!
Theres a friend of mine who's husband has been putting her down for years, especially about her weight. She's leaving him as soon as the council give her a house

I wouldn't care but he's no Greek God himself!.
I don't suppose it's that he's putting me down, he just has a little less respect for me than he shoouuld. It started last night when I said something about feeling fat. And he agreed. Now if you are a man, I don't care how comfortable you are with your SO, you just don't agree with that.
Then he went on to say how come every time I leave him (which I'm sure you guys remember), I lose so much wieght, and do my hair so cute everyday, blah blah blah, and my make-up has a "come & get me" look to it.

BUT-thing is, I still do my hair, I still do my make-up, and I have not gained hardley any weight. I JUST FELT FAT! sheeesh. He just must not notice me as much.
I still dress cute, and everyday when I look in the mirror, I think "darnit, I'm cute!"
But maaann....Sometimes I just wish men would treat us like the queens we are.

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

Aww Leah. That is a bog blow to an ego. But bravo to you for diong something about it!! You will feel tons better about yourself too! And I always thought your were cute in all your kareoke pics!!

Today is going to be a good day!!
Thank you darlin'! That's awful sweet.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey all!

Leah - the important thing is if you are happy with yourself. If not them work on it, if yes then keep up the good work!

I just got roped into the Occupational Health and Safety Committee at work. No one else from my department wanted to volunteer and I feel that it is important for us to be represented, so here I am.

Kinda grey and gloomy outside, but that is ok. At least it isn't as hot as it has been. I think tonight we are going to go to the mall and let the kids run around. They have been cooped up due to weather for a few days and are going a little stir crazy.

Hope everyone has a good day.

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good Morning!

Just another day at work today.

I wish it was raining here... Instead it's going to be 108 degrees AGAIN today!
I guess that's what you get when you move to the desert!

Have a good day everyone!

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rainy morning as well here in cottage country. I am happy have the cooler weather the heat over the weekend was pretty oppressive. Kind of a lazy day ahead of me, have to go into work for a couple hours to take care of some purchase orders but then the rest of the day is all mine. Planning on going over to Walmart to do some window shopping( my way of saying I am going to buy something I just don't know what) Grocery shopping afterwards then movie night. Not sure what I am going to watch but I am thinking about the new movie they just released call The Messenger's or something like that. I am a sucker for horror/thriller movies.
All around I think it is shaping up to be a good day...

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I discovered that the later I sleep the longer it takes for me to wake up.
Gotta do laundry today since DH is out of underwear. I did have an empty basket when he was away.
This afternoon we have a dentist appointment & it will be my first time at his dentist. I heard all nice things about him. I am nervous cause I hate the xrays junk they put in your mouth. It always hurts to bite down.
I hope everything is ok with my teeth. I haven't been to the dentist for a cleaning in almost 2 years
& that isn't like me. I just hate the suction thing, it gives me chills.

It's going up to 83 today but I don't feel a cool breeze. The sun just heats this darn place up.

Have a good morning everyone!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes another rainy start to the day-no working for me so I went shopping at Tuesday Morning-bought a Verilux lamp, a kitty hammock and a crank LED flashlight. Then went to an area nursery looking for plant ideas for customers and then a greenhouse that had splendid phoriums!! (only bought one)
Anyhow leaving within the hour to drive and watch godson in baseball playoffs-hopefully no more rain but really cool today-high of 63F( 12C) with a high of 65F!!

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
good afternoon

happy environment day. Remember that worms are good for the environment so be nice to them.

This morning I had to go to a big bank's office for a job screening. They wanted me to do a "computer test", which consisted of writing a one-page text in French, then another one-page text in English. Not sure what it had to do with computers but I think I did fine. If I pass the test, they'll call me for a real interview. (I had a phone interview with them yesterday first). That's a whole lot of screening.

I also had another interview which went well... this one I'll know very soon if I have the job or not.

And now I have to call back one of my employment counselor because she thinks she may have a job that would interest me.

Phew! I'm feeling pretty popular today!