Introdroducing My New Bengal Boy

leslie301

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'd like to introduce my new Silver Bengal. Born Feb. 23rd, arrived with me on May 5th. He's a crazy boy, but he has his cuddle moments too. His name around the house is "Rowdy", and his show name is "Stonehenge Ace of Spades" (Ace).

First, a picture of my resident Bengal girl so she doesn't get jealous (yeah right)!
This is Tina-

Some of the first photos of Rowdy-

Sitting...

Hunting...

Swatting...

Investigating...

Yawning...

One of their first meetings (after pawing under the door) It doesn't always look this docile!!!

Using his STRONG jaws-

Happy Husband, Sleepy Kitty-

Sleepy Kitty, Sleepy me-

Just thought I'd share him with the world!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

leslie301

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I got Tina, the golden bengal, from Hi Fidelity in Florida- but they are no longer in business. My kitten is from Stonehenge in TN (Sydney Welch). They are my loves! (Besides my husband of course)

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They are both beautiful. The new silver kitten is going to turn into a real stunner.

leslie301

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I hope so! I think he's developing very nicely with VERY little tarnish, so that's encouraging. He's also scared of NOTHING so I hope that will be a good thing in the show ring.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
O my what a beauty, and Tina is GORGEOUS as well, congrats on the new kitten
they are both Gorgeous and the lil one is going to turn out so stunning

telynn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love that picture of Tina, how her face is in the shadows but her pretty green eyes seem to shine out.

And Rowdy is a real cutie and looks to be very aptly named.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are both lovely
Congrats on the new addition.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh my what a little treasure that one is for sure

I can tell you and your DH are so totally in love

How the introductions gong ? do keep us posted ooooo and lots more photos too of course

leslie301

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks everybody- I'm glad to know that my kitty friends "approve" of my little darlings (including DH- haha)
They are our children (for now) and we love them dearly.

The introductions are.... well.... "going". Tina is actually scared of Rowdy much more than he is scared of her. She has progressed to the point where she won't hiss and growl just by seeing him, he has to provoke her first.... but that doesn't take long.
Then they'll get a chase match going on and it will end up with some ugly hissing , biting, and swatting. Tina will punch Rowdy in the face and he won't be phased one bit!!!

I followed the normal introduction schedule- He was isolated completely for 2 weeks (he had Cocidia, too). Then I let them sniff under the door for awhile. I traded sents using brushes/blankets, etc... moved food bowls.... Brought Rowdy out in the carrier for Tina to sniff, etc. Finally we started letting them have supervised visits and that's where we're at now. Occasionally they'll have a good moment (usually when both cats are sleepy) and they'll allow the other cat to be in their presense for a few seconds without having an air strike.
It eventually turns a little hostile, but I thought it might be good to let them work out their pecking order. Anyone else have thoughts on this? Should we be doing something differently?

Thanks, everyone! I'll get some more pictures out this week sometime

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We've had Charlie since December, and Ling still has not totally accepted him (but that's your typical female). Doesn't help that Charlie is a brat and chases her either

Anyway just be sure all nails are kept short so when they do wrestle each other, no one will get hurt

leslie301

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

We've had Charlie since December, and Ling still has not totally accepted him (but that's your typical female). Doesn't help that Charlie is a brat and chases her either

Anyway just be sure all nails are kept short so when they do wrestle each other, no one will get hurt
Hah, yeah.... That (unfortunately) sounds like it is going to be the case with us! Rowdy is pretty good about letting us trim his nails- which is a blessing. Tina, on the other hand, has never been too fond of it but we can tackle her and make it happen. Last night, however, she put up such a fight that I couldn't even finish- which was a first. I think it's because she's already under so much stress with Rowdy around that she just couldn't take it anymore. So.... she's still got about 3 sharp ones remaining (mixed paws) and I'll try to get those today. :
: I want her to be happy... I actually bought Rowdy as a "gift" for her so she could have someone to play with while we were at work. I think my plan has backfired.
Oh well, hopfully they will make their peace soon! Rowdy is also a little brat who chases Tina.... so... like you said- that doesn't help!

Random question for you guys. When Tina was a kitten I was still living at my parent's house. My mom had a domestic tabby (spayed female- about 1 yr old at the time) who was mainly outdoor and Tina was indoor. It was the same kind of thing- Tina didn't mind my Mom's cat, but my Mom's cat hated Tina and was annoyed by her. I remember Tina always chasing the older cat and would sniff her rear end. (It appeared to be a favorite hobby of hers). I noticed (as of last night) that Tina will occasionally - and cautiously - go sniff Rowdy's rear. Does this mean that she's trying to make a peace, get to know him a little better? Or does it mean nothing?

Just curious

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's not the same situation but when I bring my male cat back from the vet's my female always goes through the hissing thing for two or three days. At the end of it when she is about ready to accept him back she will follow him around and sniff his rear. When he turns around though she will hiss at him again. When she starts doing that I know she is almost at the end of it.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds to me like she's getting used to his smell is all. They are both gorgeous.

leslie301

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ah HA! Well that is good to know, seriously. Before she wasn't doing any rear-sniffing- So I'm viewing this as progress. You're right- as soon as he turns around he'll try to make a little (playful) charge at her and the fights will begin.... but I'm thinking that she's making progress. It makes me sad to see her so upset! I want EVERYONE to get along so I can enjoy all of my kitties.

Anybody have recommendations to keep Rowdy from eating our lily? I don't want him to get poisoned!

Originally Posted by Denice

It's not the same situation but when I bring my male cat back from the vet's my female always goes through the hissing thing for two or three days. At the end of it when she is about ready to accept him back she will follow him around and sniff his rear. When he turns around though she will hiss at him again. When she starts doing that I know she is almost at the end of it.