Hi, I'm Lausie

lausie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi ya,

I'm Lausie and thought i would introduce myself. I have recently adopted a kitten into our household but we already have an adult cat, its a NIGHTMARE! Any suggestions or help would be appreciated!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hola y bienvenido a TCS, ...Catulina
y Milky
te saludan!
!........

(Translate: Hi and Welcome to TCS, Catulina and Milky say hello to you!!!...
)

See you on the forums!

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello & welcome to TCS. When introducing a new kitten intro's need to be slow. Have nk in its own room with litter, bed, food, water & toys. The resident cat can smell the nk from under the door. After a week swap bedding so each cat can become familar with each others smell. After a while cats can see each other from across the room being held by 2 ppl. Judge their reactions before you allow them to interact. There is probably a better thread that explains it more clearly. But take it slow. I think it may take several weeks!

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS!

If you look in the Behavior forums you will find a lot of great info about introducing a new cat into the household. Good luck!

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello and a warm welcome to the site from a fellow Brit. now living in Spain
Its great here, theres always lots to do, see and learn it can become a bit of an addiction
but dont worry you are among good company

Maybe if you could tell us a bit more about what particular problems you are having, I am sure you'll get some good advice and ideas

Glad you dropped in to join us - enjoy the forums !

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lausie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you all. Thanks for the advice. Its just what you would expect really, hissing and growling. I think its just going to take a while. x

matchbox20girl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello Lausie~I'm new to the boards as well. Sorry the kitties aren't best of friends yet, but I hope they will learn to become friendly with one another for your sanity. I'd like to introduce an older female kitty to our family to teach our Oliver the "kitty ropes" soon, so I may be following in your footsteps soon!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lausie

Hi ya,

I'm Lausie and thought i would introduce myself. I have recently adopted a kitten into our household but we already have an adult cat, its a NIGHTMARE! Any suggestions or help would be appreciated!
Welcome to TCS where you can find the answer to most of your questions. Here is a good place to start: http://www.thecatsite.com/Behavior/4...cing-Cats.html

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS! There is so much information available on this site - I am sure that you will find all of your answers from the many knowledgable folks here. And congratulations on your little kitty!

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there Lausie
we're so happy to get the chance to welcome you and your fur-family to TCS. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with us - we're one great big family and you'll find loads of friends here. If I can help at all while you're finding your way around TCS just click on my username and send me a Personal Message - I'll do what I can to answer your questions

I'm sorry to hear that the introduction is a bit stormy - you've been given a great link there to follow which contains loads of helpful advice. Take it slowly and gently - things will improve

mcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Welcome from me Paisley, Peaches, Josie and Arthur. Sometimes it takes quite a while to introduce cats. They may never be cuddle buddies, but you'll probably be able to live with the two of them. Good luck.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi & welcome to TCS!
It's great that you've joined us!

catmomof2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hello & welcome

I have a kitten myself and a 5 year old cat and just went through this
I put the kitten in our bathroom with a litter box, food, water and bed & toys and the cats would sniff through the door. After two days we let the kitten out of the bathroom to explore but at night put her back in there did this for two weeks. After the first week there was much improvement. Things will work out just give it time

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is such a great site, everyone here is so nice
Also this site can be very helpful and informative too

Anywho, maybe when u get a chance you can post some photos of ur kits, we just
photos here!

Also it might take some time for the kits to get used to each other, everyone has given some great advice
I know for stormie and blue it took a month (well on stormies part
) But they are now the best of friends and inseperatable!

Well see u on the forums