My new kittens

kerryn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Me and my boyfriend recently got two kittens. The people that own the mother cat refuse to get her de-sexed, and as a result has had about 8 litters. Because she has had so many litters, she is not interested in looking after the kittens, and unfortuantly, neither are the people that own her. If they can't give the kittens away after 5 weeks, they'll either dump them or drown them. After hearing that I reported them to the RSPCA.
Anyway, me and my boyfriend were only meant to take one kitten, but there was two left so we took them both. They were heaps younger than I would have liked (5 weeks old) but I guess they were beter off with us than being dumped or drowned. Also when we got the kittens they were flea and worm infested, but I took them to the vet and they have been treated for both, and have also had their first vaccinations. Now they are all good and healthy!
They are 8 weeks old and are called Ralph and Rattus. Rattus is a boy and was the runt of the litter, and Ralph is his big sister.

Now for some pictures!

My little boy Rattus:

Ralph:

Asleep in the sun:

Rattus loking cute with Ralph asleep:

ilovemykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
ohh they are so cute. i have an adult female as does my roommate. mine is fixed but the other isn't and she had kittens. there are five of them, three dark females and two orange males. he is going to keep one of the males and we are going to keep the other one. i have named them George(mine and my boyfriends) and Pouncer (our roommates). i also want to keep one of the females i call Sophie but jake doesn't want to. for most of the kittens i call them one thing and daniel and jake call them different things. we only agree on two of the females Cleo and Kalli. the one i call Sophie they call dipstick(oh the horror). he calls Pouncer, napper; and George, booger, as in what comes out of your nose. males. pfft. to my delight they answer to my names and don't really pay attention to daniel and jake. they actually look at me when i say their names.

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
& welcome to TCS. What part of Sydney are you from? My 9 m/o kitten, Blossom, was dumped at 3 w/o & luckily my son found her & I hand raised her. She's such a lovely looking cat we still can't think why she was discarded so easily.
Your kitties are gorgeous & your girl has the same look in her eyes as Blossom. I keep her inside because 1/2 her nose is pink, so I don't want her to get sun cancer, you might want to do the same as Rattus is also fair.

Look forward to hearing all about their exploits.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kerryn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kalikat

& welcome to TCS. What part of Sydney are you from? My 9 m/o kitten, Blossom, was dumped at 3 w/o & luckily my son found her & I hand raised her. She's such a lovely looking cat we still can't think why she was discarded so easily.
Your kitties are gorgeous & your girl has the same look in her eyes as Blossom. I keep her inside because 1/2 her nose is pink, so I don't want her to get sun cancer, you might want to do the same as Rattus is also fair.

Look forward to hearing all about their exploits.
I live in Wattle Grove.
And yep, we have already decided to keep them as indoor cats. They go outside sometimes, but we always keep an eye on them, and its only for short amounts of time that they go outside

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AWWWW Welcome to TCS! Next time you post photos, make sure to include a cuteness warning! My heart needs to be prepared
They are simply adorable. Bless you for taking them both. What a life they would have had

Is there any way the people with the mama cat would let you take her to be spayed (de-sexed)? That poor thing!

Please keep us updated on these cute little muffins

jane_vernon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome!

They are just adorable little babies! Well done on you for taking them in!

Is there any way you could possibly cat-nap the mother cat, get her spayed and then give her back? I just feel so sorry for the mother cat and her kittens that are obviously just being discarded because this woman is so irresponsible! Is it just a money thing that she won't get it done? If you offered to do it for her, do you think she would?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kerryn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I called up the RSPCA s hopefully they might be able to offer the owners a reduced price de-sexing. The reason they don't want to get it done is because of the cost, so if they get offered a reduced price de-sexing they will get it done I think. I would cat-nap the cat to get it de-sexed, but unfortuantly they live many hours drive away!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hola y bienvenido a TCS, ...Catulina
y Milky
te saludan!
!........

(Translate: Hi and Welcome to TCS, Catulina and Milky say hello to you!!!...
)

See you on the forums!

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are beautiful!

Welcome to TCS. I'm so glad you rescued these kittens and well done for reporting the owners. I really hope they will do something about it. I feel bad for that poor kitty having litter and litter

I look forward to seeing you around the forums!

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello and a warm welcome to the site

Its great here, theres always lots to do, see and learn it can become a bit of an addiction
but dont worry you are among good company

Those babies are just so adorable
I am so pleased that you were able to take two, they're gonna be great buddies for each other - what sweethearts they are

Glad you dropped in to join us - enjoy the forums - and keep those photos coming !

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi & welcome to TCS!
It's great that you've joined us!

Those kittens are adorable!