OMG She won't stop!!!!

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Addie is driving me INSANE. She is meowing. Constantly. I mean, seriously, no breaks. Okay, that's not true. Sometimes she'll be distracted and stop for anywhere from a few seconds to a minute. No exaggeration, a minute is the longest she'll be quiet. She's been like this all night. For HOURS. She just wanders around making noise. I know that she is in heat and I feel bad about that. It must suck. She is gaining weight on her appetite stimulants, so we should be able to spay eventually, but she's too skinny for surgery right now.

But, my GAWD, I'm losing it. She doesn't want ANYTHING. She doesn't want to be petted, she just wanders away. She doesn't want food. She doesn't want water. She doesn't want to play. She just wants to talk and talk. It is 11:21pm and I'd like to go to bed shortly. This is an apartment, though, and even with the bedroom door closed, there is nowhere that I wouldn't be able to hear her.

I feel kind of bad because I just shut her up in the back bedroom, so at least it will be muted. It's mean, but I'm really close to completely losing my temper. And screaming at her won't help, so I need a time-out.

I just need her to go to sleep, because then she will shut up. Please please please send shut your mouth and sleep vibes to Addie and keep your cool vibes to me.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh hon, I feel for you! The only thing she wants right now is a boyfriend! Be glad she doesn't want petting because that gets REALLY annoying. The last time we had a girl in heat she literally crawled on my hubby's head trying to get love. I don't think there is anything you can do right now except get ear plugs. I hope she gets enough weight on her to get her spayed soon.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

Oh hon, I feel for you! The only thing she wants right now is a boyfriend! Be glad she doesn't want petting because that gets REALLY annoying. The last time we had a girl in heat she literally crawled on my hubby's head trying to get love. I don't think there is anything you can do right now except get ear plugs. I hope she gets enough weight on her to get her spayed soon.
be very very quiet. i'm typing 1 handed b/c she is sleeping on my foot. BUT now i can't go to bed without waking her!!!!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Leli

be very very quiet. i'm typing 1 handed b/c she is sleeping on my foot. BUT now i can't go to bed without waking her!!!!
Aww! Poor baby. My RB baby Oreo went through the same thing. She was too underweight to be spayed. She would rub all over my ex husband and wanted to be pet constantly. If he didn't pet her, she'd pee in his boots or breifcase
Who said cats arent smart?

kittymonsters

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It has been years since I have hear of such a thing, but do they still make what was once called "breeding rods"? I honestly don't know if it worked or not, this was 25 years ago.

this was a special slightly barbed rod, supposed to simulate a males penis and thus an artificial breeding and bring the queen out of heat.

Now, I have never bred cat and have always spayed them before their first heat so I can't say it really works. However if you can find out some more information about it, maybe it would work to keep your girl ( and you) a little more comfortable until she gains enough to be spayed.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
While she is in the other room, could you use a box fan or something in your room to create white noise so you can sleep? I know what you mean about being so tired you feel like you'll lose it.

Too bad I can't gain the weight for her ... could do it in about 5 minutes

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor you!

I had to shut her in a rabbit cage for a few hours, because all she would do is meow meow meow and piss everywhere!! As soon as she stopped the whole ordeal i got her spayed!

Sometimes she still howls like that and it drives me nuts

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That would drive me insane too! I hope she comes out of it soon. I know they eat less while they are in heat. Sending her "gain wait" vibes!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
vibes coming that way for her to hush up,gain weight and for you to keep your calm.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittymonsters

It has been years since I have hear of such a thing, but do they still make what was once called "breeding rods"? I honestly don't know if it worked or not, this was 25 years ago.
A q-tip can be used. You may want to ask your vet before you try anything like that though.