I need to vent (cat related) I hate the news

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok so I am sitting here watching the news and well I see something about cats so I am sitting here like whats going on now because they are trying to make it more time for strays at the kill shelter and another shelter is trying to get more money and ect...but here there was a law passed that they could get strays and kill them because there is an over population and it keeps growing so any cat this catcher sees he gets to take to their kennel and they are killing in a gas chamber so to speak with carbon dioxide
People were protesting it thank goodness but where did this law come from
I am just so anger, why is it so hard for people to SPAY AND NUETER, or how about TNRing these strays
I am just so mad, I went on the newsite to see if there was a link so I could give you guys the full story, but there wasnt
and this was on earlier too! I am just so mad

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
There are times I can't watch the news - I wish that reporters would do some more research and maybe educate people on TNR and spaying/neutering.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, that is terrible! So, any cat that is outside can just be killed on site, basically? What about the poor family cat that just happened to get out for the day. I can't believe that was made a law. Please keep us up to date on this. I only live 2.5 hrs from you.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would be writing a harsh letter/e-mail to the station manager for allowing that sort of news to be reported.

tigerontheprowl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

I would be writing a harsh letter/e-mail to the station manager for allowing that sort of news to be reported.
His job is just to tell people what happened. He had nothing to do with the law being passed. I would write a letter to the mayor and give him a piece of my mind.

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh that is just not right. They need to allow time for owners to find their lost pets.
I hope that is really not the case.

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsRNmom

Oh that is just not right. They need to allow time for owners to find their lost pets.
I hope that is really not the case.
I agree, how can you kill them before their owners even have time to go look for them. This really seems like a cruel heartless law. I can't believe that many people would be in favor of it.

miyu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
There are times I can't watch the news - I wish that reporters would do some more research and maybe educate people on TNR and spaying/neutering.
I know, reporters don't do real reaserch looking in to ways of perventing, and educating the public, but that would be hard work. because why use the news as a good way of educating people about problems and how to solve them, rather then jsut posting an issue and watching people argue about what they thinks is right. most people are dumb and don't knwo what is right ahd should be educated.

miyu

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
oh my god, I just watched it, that is sick. he enjoys killing these animals... He goes out catches them and runs home to his warehouse to kill them. and he wants us to hire him to do it. that is retarded. sick.. basterd, I wish he could be charged for animal murder