HELP!!!!! Need to find new home

orangetabgurl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am at witts end and I really need help. I live in a small one bedroom in Cali, anyway...I am not suppose to have cats but the one I have I don't know what to do he has peed on my things, my bed and new couch for 2 years now. My entire apartments smells like CAT PEE!!!! and my landlord found out, so now I have to find him a new home. The problem is he is a special kitty and he likes to pee on things. he would probably do REALLY well on a farm or as an outdoor kitty. Does anyone have any suggestions. I live in the LA area

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i would put calls into no kill shelters, and some rescue groups in your area, they should be able to help, or at least point you in the right direction. Good Luck!!!

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by orangetabgurl

I am at witts end and I really need help. I live in a small one bedroom in Cali, anyway...I am not suppose to have cats but the one I have I don't know what to do he has peed on my things, my bed and new couch for 2 years now. My entire apartments smells like CAT PEE!!!! and my landlord found out, so now I have to find him a new home. The problem is he is a special kitty and he likes to pee on things. he would probably do REALLY well on a farm or as an outdoor kitty. Does anyone have any suggestions. I live in the LA area
Have you had him tested to make sure that it isn't anything medical like a URI?? I would hate this cat to be stigmatized as being a problem if he hasn't received the medical attention he needs. If you haven't had him looked at by a vet...do it now. BTW....I don't advocate forcing a cat that has been indoors only to live outdoors. Cats that have NEVER been outside often do not have the skills necessary to survive outdoors and would you prefer your cat die from being eaten, run over, poisoned etc.? I think you really need to rule out anything medical first.

Katie

asecretk

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You didn't mention in your post but is you cat neutered?

He could be marking/spraying on your clothes and furniture.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

orangetabgurl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He is neutered. I think it might be depression, but here is the thing and this not an excuse. In the last two months he lost his companion kitty...very sad, I know. He pees on me when I AM SLEEPING! And Prozac is great but the real issue is I am not suppose to have a cat and I owe my landlord a lot of money for the carpets, and I bought a BRAND NEW MATRESSS AGAIN! He has gone to the vet and 500 dollars later he is healthy and fine but he STILL PEES...No blood work problems, no URI etc.....All my rescue groups are full at this time. I am not going to just let me go or take him to a kill shelter, but he has destroyed everything and I can't move to another apartment. I owe my landlord in damages. Do I love my animals? Yes more than anything which is why I feel like he might do better with more kitties. I can't get another cat, and I think he misses a friend. I would too. He has been mostly indoors minus sitting on the patio. He is a GREAT cat, he just needs a lot of stimulation and someone who can work with him. I rescued him from a dumpster at 2 weeks. I LOVE THIS CAT but I am in hundreds of dollars in debt and I don't want to deny him any treatment he may need which is why I need help.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by orangetabgurl

He is neutered. I think it might be depression, but here is the thing and this not an excuse. In the last two months he lost his companion kitty...very sad, I know. He pees on me when I AM SLEEPING! And Prozac is great but the real issue is I am not suppose to have a cat and I owe my landlord a lot of money for the carpets, and I bought a BRAND NEW MATRESSS AGAIN! He has gone to the vet and 500 dollars later he is healthy and fine but he STILL PEES...No blood work problems, no URI etc.....All my rescue groups are full at this time. I am not going to just let me go or take him to a kill shelter, but he has destroyed everything and I can't move to another apartment. I owe my landlord in damages. Do I love my animals? Yes more than anything which is why I feel like he might do better with more kitties. I can't get another cat, and I think he misses a friend. I would too. He has been mostly indoors minus sitting on the patio. He is a GREAT cat, he just needs a lot of stimulation and someone who can work with him. I rescued him from a dumpster at 2 weeks. I LOVE THIS CAT but I am in hundreds of dollars in debt and I don't want to deny him any treatment he may need which is why I need help.
With so many cats/kittens available that do not have any pee issues...it is going to be very tough to find him a new owner. I would really suggest you try to find him a home with a friend, coworker or family member.

Katie

happy cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have to admit, even though we live on a farm, I wouldn't want a cat that pees on things. outdoor furniture and equipment in the barn, work clothes that hang out there...nobody wants to smell cat pee.

I think it's very sad, but I honestly don't know what you can do about it, unless you can find an outdoor cat sanctuary, and then you will have to pay a fee for them to take him.

and sometimes, and I know I'm probably going to get yelled at over this, the best thing is to euathanize the cat. there are so many good cats living in shelters, and I think it reduces precious space to house ones that have issues that would prevent them from being adoptable. I do think it's good that you are honest about his peeing on things, but I also think it will make him un-adoptable. I'm sorry to say that-I'm not trying to be mean, just honest.

When you saved your kitty from the dumpster, you were doing what anybody with a heart would have done, but now you are in a pickle, and I'm sad for you about that. Maybe next time you save a critter, you could take it to the shelter or a rescue and let them deal with it. That way you save your heart and nerves, and furniture and clothes.