I couldn't believe my eyes...

cinder

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm driving into town late this afternoon when all of the sudden a vehicle pulling a trailer a short distance in front of me pulls halfway off the road and puts on their emergency flashers. A woman bails out the passenger side and starts running down the road towards me. I start slowing up and looking around. I see something small and dark in the middle of the road. There isn't anyone behind me so I stop and put on my flashers. It was a baby kitten, walking down the center line. I get out and pick it up, then pull my car over to the side of the road. By then the other woman reached my car. Initially I wasn't sure if it had been hit or not. It's tongue was so red I thought it might have been bloody and it's eyes were completely sealed shut. The other lady thanked me for taking care of it and left.

I was quite a distance from home so I went to town, found an open pharmacy and bought a syringe to give it some water. (It's really hot here) When I got home I cleaned and opened both eyes, fed and pottied him (or her...I forgot to check). The gums & tongue look much better now...probably was overheated. Actually, aside from the eyes he doesn't look too bad. Not sneezing. Not flea infested. I'll take him in first thing in the morning for a checkup.

I went back and looked. There were no other kittens, no mama cat anywhere...not even any places close that he might have come from. So how does a baby kitty with absolutely no vision end up running down the middle of the road in the middle of no where?
Yeah, my thoughts exactly.

So...why do these things always happen to ME!???
After I talk to the vet, I'll put up some pictures.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cinder

So...why do these things always happen to ME!???
After I talk to the vet, I'll put up some pictures.
Because the forces in the universe knows this little guy has a chance with you. Sending hugs and vibes to the both of you.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank God you and the other motorists saw him/her!
I hope the baby is okay!

Why does this always happen to you? Because you're a good person who will help.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh poor little baby. You did such a good thing
i hope he/she gets stronger and looking forward to pictures as well

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How good of you to take this baby in!

Once about 7 years ago a girl was walking down the road with something tiny and fuzzy. Of course I stopped and asked her what she was holding (I knew her from playing with my son). She told me her cat had kittens and 3 of them died. Her mother told her to "get rid" of this one because it was sick. This poor innocent little girl was set up to do something so greusome!
I immediatly took the kitten home with me. She was only 3 weeks old.
She is a beautiful girl now! My ex husband's neighbor has her now. Her name is Chloe

(hijack over)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cinder

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

Her mother told her to "get rid" of this one because it was sick.
That's one heck of a parent...

I hope the little guy makes it. When I called DH to let him know, he asked me what the kitten looked like. I told him it was a grey/black tabby with longer hair...and that he actually looked a lot like our George, a feral we lost to kidney failure. Then I got to thinking that George had passed away early in June, so I went and looked at the inscription on his kitty urn. He died four years ago today. That's kind of weird.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cinder

That's one heck of a parent...

I hope the little guy makes it. When I called DH to let him know, he asked me what the kitten looked like. I told him it was a grey/black tabby with longer hair...and that he actually looked a lot like our George, a feral we lost to kidney failure. Then I got to thinking that George had passed away early in June, so I went and looked at the inscription on his kitty urn. He died four years ago today. That's kind of weird.
Hmm..maybe George sent that kitten to u

Also these things happen to u and well most of us here because we are good people that will of course help

I think it was meant to be as well

I hope the little guy is alright, please keep us updated

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

Because the forces in the universe knows this little guy has a chance with you. Sending hugs and vibes to the both of you.
Bingo!
Good luck to the little one and bless your heart for being you and being in the right place at the right time!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will never begin to understand people who do such unspeakable things as that. That's how we ended up with our little St. John, and we thank heaven every day that he survived the monsters who threw him out on the road.

It's clear that you've received a gift straight from above... I'd say "bless your heart," but clearly, you have already been blessed!

cinder

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He's not exactly photogenic right now, but at least he can see. You couldn't even tell he had eyes before. And he was obviously someone's cat. He thinks people are great...screams bloody murder if I don't hold him.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
awe what a beauty, and I bet hes going to get even more gorgeous once he gets all that great care from you
Bless his tiny little
!

Bless ur heart for helping this little one

jane_vernon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh that poor little cherub!

He/She is just beautiful!! I am soooo glad that you found this little baby!

Obviously George knew you'd be the right Meowmy for the job

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Doesn't God work in mysterious ways? I think that your Angel George sent this kitty to you, because he knows that you are kind and caring. Bless you for taking in this sweet little soul. He looks absolutely precious!

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww Poor baby must have been so scared.
I am gad that you were there to rescue him

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Awwww, bless you for helping his little one

cinder

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'd forgotten how much I enjoy getting up every few hours.
He seems to be doing okay. We're just waiting for the vet to open.

He sure does remind me of my Georgie though.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bless you for stopping and rescuing him!!
Things happen for a reason.
You are going to give him a great place to call home!!
Let us know after he sees the vet..

And hes soo cute.
Bless his little heart.

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I agree..thats exactly why these things happen.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh, he does look like Georgie! What an amazing... coincidence?

The Universe is strange and wonderful place.