KatKwiz #49 - It is June 4th, 0001 GMT

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

KatKwiz operates off of the GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) clock in order to give our members around the world an equal chance at winning some points.

Today is Double Day. Please click on the KatKwiz link below if you have not played Double Day before.

The major problem that hairballs can create is ??

The words ? and cat should never be used in the same sentence.

Reminder: Since we no longer require you to show how you got the answer, Persi or Alley can PM you to see where you got your information because even they know you can google information! It must come from The Cat Site.
I have long known that The Cat Site is the best place to look for cat information first.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1) The major problem that hairballs can create is intestinal blockage

still working on the 2nd one....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

KatKwiz operates off of the GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) clock in order to give our members around the world an equal chance at winning some points.
I am not going to try this any more, posting early GMT. I thought I would give it one more try but guess everybody is in bed at that time. I did it to give our members in places such as Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia and such a better chance at winning some points but all three time I have tried it, the response has been dismal. So I will go back to posting the contest sometime during the morning or early afternoon my time which is -5 GMT or CDT. I will not however fall into a rut and start posting at the same time, there will be an 8 hour window I post in to make things fair as I can.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

1) The major problem that hairballs can create is intestinal blockage

still working on the 2nd one....
I am so sorry Adrienne, but the contest expires after 12 hours. Also, if you are going to go after both questions on Double Day, you must answer both in the same post. Please try again!

The answer: Click on Cat Care and then click on Cats and Hairballs. Scroll down to the header The Danger of blockage From Hairballs and the answer is in the first sentence.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

No idea for #2
Answer: On Double Days, question number 2 is intended to be harder than number 1 to see who feels the need for greed (see rules).
In this case, if you are familiar with the topics associated with any of the boxes located at the top of this page, you would have known that under Cat Behavior was a topic called Cats and Discipline Don't Mix. Sounds like we have the answer already but if you click on that you will find the first sentence confirms it: The words discipline and cat should never be used in the same sentence.