Smilies

wesley's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you use downloaded smilies on TCS? I have seen other smilies (other then the ones you can get on TCS) on other people's posts and was wondering how they did that.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
As long as you are not violating any copyright, fine. There are lots of free smilies available for posting wherever you want to. As with any other image you want to post here, just make sure that your source gives that permission and, if it is qualified in any way, that you respect the terms stated.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wesley's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, how do you put it on your post? Might sound like a dumb question, but I am kinda new to forums! TCS is the first forum I have ever been on. Thanks a lot for your quick response!!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No problem.

As for posting them, store them on the hosting site that you use for other images you post, such as your signature, pick up the code that site provides, and put it in your post, instead of in your sig block. That help?

wesley's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah. Thank you so much for your help!! I had DH show me because I was a little confused!!
THANK YOU!!!

wesley's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mybabyphx

Does anyone know of any good websites to get smilies off of that we can use on here?
I always just go to google and type in what I am looking for and find websites that way. And I typed in animated GIFs and found some cool stuff.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mybabyphx

Does anyone know of any good websites to get smilies off of that we can use on here?
If you google "free smilies" or "free animated gifs" you'll find lots of links. Just be careful not to take ones that require a link to the source be provided.

You can even be more specific and google "free cat smilies" or "free congratulations smilies".

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I think all u have to do is click on the one I have there and it takes u to a good site
! THerre are a lot of smileys there
!!