Help.

amyysayss

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Last night my brother seen something like a sac hanging out of my cat last night. Well, a couple minutes later it popped on the floor and then she went in my closet, then she wanted outside so he let her out. Well, I got home and she was no where around that house so I just went to bed. This morning when I woke up she was meowing at the door, I let her in, fed her and all that good stuff and I realized her tummy was ALOT smaller than it was before. I immediately went outside and she showed me the way around the yard but no sign of her ktitens.I noticed she looked like she had misplaced them, which seemed odd to me so I just walked around looking for them myself. I didn't find them. I think something got them, but she goes off for awhile and we don't see where she goes or where she comes back from. Her nipples are bright pink almost red whenever she comes back, so is that a sign that she has them somewhere and theyre alive and doing well? What should I do? I don't think its good for her to have them out there if theyre alive because I do live on 2 acres with alot of woods behind my house.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like she has them somewhere outside and is nursing them. Try your best to find out where they are and bring mom and kittens inside to stay for a few weeks. You also don't want mom to get pregnant while she's nursing.

keisha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sack, i wonder if that would be the sack the babies are kept in, or possibly theplacenta?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amyysayss

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Sounds like she has them somewhere outside and is nursing them. Try your best to find out where they are and bring mom and kittens inside to stay for a few weeks. You also don't want mom to get pregnant while she's nursing.
I am trying to, but she is an inside/outside cat and doesn't use a liter box, at all.
If I find the kittens, how would I bring them inside? Wouldn't she abandom them if I touch them?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amyysayss

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by Keisha

Sack, i wonder if that would be the sack the babies are kept in, or possibly theplacenta?
I was thinking it was the sac too.
I don't know if you were trying to correct my spelling or not, but it is spelled sac.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
no she will not abandon them if you touch them. I handle babies right from birth! Bring them inside and put them in the bathroom, laundry room or a large dog crate and DO NOT let her outside again until the babies are weaned and she is spayed. She will just get pregnant again, and can almost right away after this birth. She needs to be spayed before she is allowed out again, that is how she got herself into this mess in the first place
Don't need more unwanted and unnecessary kittens!