90lb Lap Dog.

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep... it was cool at the door this evening (HOT all day long) so I went and sat down by the patio door, only to have Apollo come and sit ON my lap. I think he sometimes thinks that he is still the little puppy we brought home years ago.

Oh well. I love him.

PS, you can see a little bit of Orion.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I just shaved him a few weeks ago.

Looks like I need to do it again.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
awww my clumsy big ole dogs think they're tinsy lap dogs too
that is too sweet!!

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

Is he a Bouvier de Flanders? He's gorgeous!!!
His mum was a purebred bouvier, and we don't know what his daddy is. They let momma roam wherever she wanted so it could really be anything. We went and saw the litter and they all looked like purebred bouviers.. black or fawnish.. so you can't even tell what they are mixed with.

Thank you!

Orion is the cat you see peeking around, my dogs name is Apollo.

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG..that looks like what my 100# golden does. She wants so badly to be a lap dog..she has to sleep next to me like she is another human and has her own pillow..

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Love that pic! Mine are all lap dogs too - regardless of size. Doesn't matter how big or small they are - they are all still dogs!

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsRNmom

OMG..that looks like what my 100# golden does. She wants so badly to be a lap dog..she has to sleep next to me like she is another human and has her own pillow..
Mine have their own pillows too. We had to go out of town the last two days. I guess the house sitter wasn't aware of the above fact and went to bed with only one pillow. One dog kept pushing all night in attempts to take it. And won. LOL.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
And exactly how is a 90 pound lap dog a problem?

Mine are 75 and 95 pounds respectively and have always thought of themselves as lap dogs, usually at the same time. My thighs are getting flatter as time goes on......

Apollo is gorgeous!!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've got a question....does he "stink" or hold smells? I had someone tell me that Bouvier's(sp?) hold smells with their coats...

Asteria

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is so adorable!
I've definitely been in your place before.

leto86

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I've got a question....does he "stink" or hold smells? I had someone tell me that Bouvier's(sp?) hold smells with their coats...
You want the truth?

I'd have to say, yes. They do hold the smell quite a bit. It's mostly in their beard I find. Because it gets wet and dirty and gross. Bouvs also like to rub their beards all over your legs after they have something to eat or drink.

Bathing them might help a fair bit.. but I'm not supposed to bathe Apollo except for in the colder months. Which is sorta bad because he takes forever to dry. But vets orders so. (moisture in fur causes hot spots on him)

I also find shaving him down eliminates the smell as well.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was just wondering....I love Bovus, but am not a big fan of "stinky dogs". I probably wouldn't ever have one based on the grooming thing...but the smell thing. I'll stick to adoring your baby boy from far.

mom of 4

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Leto86

but I'm not supposed to bathe Apollo except for in the colder months. Which is sorta bad because he takes forever to dry. But vets orders so. (moisture in fur causes hot spots on him)

I also find shaving him down eliminates the smell as well.
What a handsome guy!
I bathe my Old English Sheepdogs when ever they need it. I keep them in their long coat and it does take a awhile to dry. But I towel dry them and use a hairdryer on them. One day I might get a real pet blower, but I've done without for 30 years.
The dog washing stations/businesses in our area do have the blowers.

My m-i-l kept my husband's sheepie outside (before we married). Her beard would turn green in the summer (too much pond water) and often freeze in the winter (not that it stopped her). Slimmey, wet kisses.