Catching a stray

bmw kitty cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've been feeding a stray cat for the past month or so and it still seems to get scared when i get too close. I wanted to actually catch the cat because my boyfriend wants him. The cat is only a few months old. What should I do in order to catch him???

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by BMW Kitty Cat

I've been feeding a stray cat for the past month or so and it still seems to get scared when i get too close. I wanted to actually catch the cat because my boyfriend wants him. The cat is only a few months old. What should I do in order to catch him???
Best thing is to borrow a humane trap and trap this kitten (contact your local humane society or TNR organization). Make sure that when you take him inside, you will need to take your time with him.

I would also read this thread:

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11395

because it will give you some insight into how socializing an outdoor cat can go.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our kitty Enzo was about 3 months old when we took him from the wild too!! My sister and I went out the farm and probably terrified him to death, but we trapped him and picked him up in a towel. I took him home and in about 2 days he adopted me as his mother. That night was the first time he had ever been touched, but after a couple days he did great!

You could get an animal trap, with the trap door. Or a fishing net. The kitty is young enough I bet he would turn out just like Enzo. He's such a lover and you would never know he grew up wild.