Mewomy, why did you give me another bath?

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh sweetie but you look so handsome all wet and disheveled!

Did he fuss much? Did the other boys rund and hide in fear thinking they were next??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Oh sweetie but you look so handsome all wet and disheveled!

Did he fuss much? Did the other boys rund and hide in fear thinking they were next??
He meows loudly, but no scratching or biting at all. All in all it's just a very noisy protest, and the whole process is very quick and simple.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I think once he gets use to them, he will actually look forward to them. As long as it keeps him from feeling so irritated.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Indeed, it wouldn't do to let the human get away with this indignity without ANY comment (even if it does make me more comfortable)

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

Indeed, it wouldn't do to let the human get away with this indignity without ANY comment (even if it does make me more comfortable)
He's now licking himself clean. I've never understood how licking and make a cat dry, but hey it seems to work for him.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

He's now licking himself clean. I've never understood how licking and make a cat dry, but hey it seems to work for him.
It doesn't-- you've put all his fur out of order and now he has to put it back just so. Zissou does the same thing, she spends about an hour after her baths cleaning. Less if I 'help' by brushing her coat a little.

Tell him she thinks he's silly for fussing so much at his meowmy about it.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually, I have read that cats DO lick themselves dry. Their tongues are covered with tiny little "barbs" that literally scrape moisture (and whatever else) off the fur shaft.

That's why they feel like sandpaper when they lick your nose.

The first licks wet, the second round scrapes clean and dry. Very efficient.

I laughed out loud at that first picture of the bedraggled little man. He's so handsome - I'm really pleased for you that he's taking it all so well. And DOING so well!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aww...poor Dr. Claw!
I'm sure he realizes that you're trying to help.

At least...I hope he realizes...

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Once upon a time I had to bathe Maia 3 times in a row, she was young enough to not completely freak out on me, but I have an after picture that I adore!
She is completely smiling as if to say, "thank you for finally being finished ruining my cleanliness!" or "thankyou for helping me"!

And this one is her cleaning herself after being cleaned........

"Never trust a human to do a kitties job!"

I wouldn't even think about bathing her now, she does not like being controlled iin her home! She wins!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww.....cat's look so pittiful after a bath!!!! Enzo always crawls on my lap because he knows mommy's a sucker and will wrap him up like a baby and cuddle him till he's warm!

Cute cat!!!!!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He looks so nice right now... his fur is all dry and soft. I'm just happy this bath thing works.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Charlie's gotten quite good with baths compared to his first one when he was screaming his little head off.

The funny thing now is he's fine (even stays when I tell him) while you are washing/rinsing him and THEN after its over and I'm trying to "wring" him out he starts hollering..........weird.