I'm all weirded out...

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just found the ring my ex gave me

It feels nice to have a ring on again

I wonder what I should do with it
I do like it..I wish it didn't have meaning attached to it.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
umm
difficult - I gave my old one to my niece, but it still looks strange to see her with it too
could you bear to sell it ?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
maybe sell that one and get yourself a new one that won't have any meaning to it? i dunno?

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is it an engagement ring, or a regular ring? Either way, I know it's hard. I still have an emerald ring my college ex gave to me. I don't wear it anymore, but I keep it in my jewerly box. Every now and then I come across it and wonder how his life is going. But, for years I couldn't look at it but couldn't bring myself to get rid of it.

If you like the stone, maybe you can get it reset into something that you pick out. Or, just keep it for old times sake.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had the stones from my wedding and engagement rings set into a contemporary ring setting after my divorce. The stones were too nice to just leave mouldering in the jewelry box. You could also look into having a pretty pendant made or something similar.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You could always have the stone set in something else. Maybe you can make a pendant out of it

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

You could wear it on the other hand also.
Actually it only fits on my engagement finger..I actually freaked out when he bought it for me because I was mad that that was the only finger it fit on..That should have been a sign for him eh?

It was just a ring..not an engagement ring...its just a little diamond..so wouldn't be able to get it reset or anything...

Maybe I'll see if I can pawn it..LOL

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Actually it only fits on my engagement finger..I actually freaked out when he bought it for me because I was mad that that was the only finger it fit on..That should have been a sign for him eh?

It was just a ring..not an engagement ring...its just a little diamond..so wouldn't be able to get it reset or anything...

Maybe I'll see if I can pawn it..LOL
I'd pawn it in a second... even if it is a small diamond you should be able to get something for it. Heck, if you do, I'd run out and spend the money on something like a DVD box set of Gray's Anatomy or something silly at Lush.

For me I don't hold on to things like that. I like to give them back to the universe.

musette

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I just found the ring my ex gave me

It feels nice to have a ring on again

I wonder what I should do with it
I do like it..I wish it didn't have meaning attached to it.
Do you have a daughter to whom you could give it as a momento? How about making it a prize for a charity or something along those lines? I kept all the good stuff that exes gave me because I remember the good times and we've settled any past differences. Is this heartbreak still fresh?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Depending on what the setting looks like, you could have it made into a necklace.

Do you have a pic of it?

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wear it and forget about the "meaning" it once had. It's just a ring and if you like it, wear it.

I have jewellery that was given to me by ex's and I still wear them periodically. I don't see an issue with it. Just wear it on your right hand instead of your left. Or get it resized and wear it on your pointer, middle or pinky finger.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Depending on what the setting looks like, you could have it made into a necklace.

Do you have a pic of it?
Yeah, I'll post it later..I gotta run now..

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought pawning things only brought a tiny fraction of their worth... wouldn't it be better to put it on eBay?

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

I thought pawning things only brought a tiny fraction of their worth... wouldn't it be better to put it on eBay?
I'm sure I wouldn't get much for it either way..It must have been under $500 to begin with..I can't see him spending more than that

Well, jewelry doesn't depreciate, so I guess its worth a shot to see how much its worth

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm in agreement of pawning or getting rid of it esp. if you are unable to reset the stone into something new, that's your own (necklace, bracelet, another ring, etc).

I always to rid my lifestyle of ex's, personally. Kind of like shedding a new skin.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I still have a garnet bracelet my ex gave me. Every now and then I pull open the drawer in my jewelry box and look at it and think of getting rid of it. Bad memories attached to it.