how do you kno if theyre gaining weight

iilovetuelxo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
my kittens look and act fine, but i was looking at picctures of 4 wekk old kittens and they look bigger than mine ill post pics later my comp wont let me upload them right now, but is there a way to tell if they are gaining weigt adn @ about 4 weeks how much should tehy weight?

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use a baby scale or you could probably even use a food scale!

kittymonsters

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always used a food scale. You can get one at Wal Mart or Target for about 5-6 dollars. The work great because the little dish is perfect for keeping kittens from wriggling away.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Definitely invest in a food scale that weighs in ounces. (I took my kitties to work and weighed them on the postal scale!) One thing I have noticed is that the more kittens in the litter, the smaller the babies will be...you know what I mean? My cat had 8 kittens and they all weighed between 3 & 4 ounces at 2 days...some cats have only 2 or 3 - and they weigh considerably more. The most important thing is that they continually gain weight over time.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by iilovetuelxo

my kittens look and act fine, but i was looking at picctures of 4 wekk old kittens and they look bigger than mine ill post pics later my comp wont let me upload them right now, but is there a way to tell if they are gaining weigt adn @ about 4 weeks how much should tehy weight?
Do you ever go to garage sales? Fairly often you will find baby scales that people no longer need or want and these are perfect for weighing cats. My cats are full grown but I still weigh them every week just to make sure nothing bad is going on that I would not be able to detect just by looking.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

iilovetuelxo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thanks alot=) theyre getting so big now, and i weighted them at petsmart =)