Maia "penny swallow" scare!

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So about 8 hrs ago, Maia and I were playing on the bed, lying next to each other, and there was a penny that she started playing with.......as I went to take it away she rolled over with it in her mouth and it was gone! I think, I thought for sure at the time! Guilt and panic consumed me,
knew the penny was there, why didn't I grab it before..........
Panic knowing this is not good! Call her other guardian(my boyfriend) and am telling him, of course next step was to call the vet.......as I am looking for the phone no., I hear a clicking noise and look at Maia playing with a penny on the bed! Is it the same penny?!!!? I hope so
still keeping extreme close eye and very anxious for her to poop! Penny will not pass, but if she poops, she didn't swallow one! Please poop! I am probably going to freak her out being so happy once she does! She is eating, did urinate, no personality change, please let her be an amazing magician, "See the penny, see me swallow it, but wait her it is in my paw!"

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oooo how scary! I'm sorry, I'd be so anxious too. please let us know when she poops!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OH NO!!! I hope there was only one penny, it was just under her or something..

Holy, you must have been
out!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

OH NO!!! I hope there was only one penny, it was just under her or something..

Holy, you must have been
out!
That is to funny you said the "freak" word, I was avoiding typing it!
I will let all know when she poops, I will be so happy and relieved, I'll have to tell somebody!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cheylink

That is to funny you said the "freak" word, I was avoiding typing it!
What's wrong with that word? I don't understand why it seems to be censored.

http://www.answers.com/topic/freak-out

Definition

It's not a cuss word. Well, it's deemed a perfectly acceptable word to use in place of the bad "F" word, but it's also a legimate word used in everyday "normal" sentences. It's just a slang that is used as an informal intensifier.

freak out
freaks out
freaked out
He was freak-ing out on drugs

A perfectly legitimate word used in the English language.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh that is funny!!! Reminds me of something i did when i was a very little girl- It was around Easter time- and we had been to an Easter egg hunt that day- and there were some of those gold foil covered chocolate candies that look like coins. LOVED them. Well...it just soo happens that my parents (still married at the time) had left some change in the floor and i found it. My sister Kimmy walked in on me swallowing a nickle
and of course she went and tattled on me to my mom
My mom rushed me to Lebonheur (she was flipping out!) and they had to do an x-ray to see where the nickle was. She had to search through my poo afterwards for a day or two to see if it "passed"
Looking back now- that whole thing was hysterical! I thought i was eating a chocolate coin
My poor mom.....i'm gonna be payin for my raisin when i have kids lol...

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am getting very nervous, she still has not pooped, and this is the only savior of no penny in her digestive system.........I keep asking her to poop, but she won't listen. I am trying to stay calm........

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SammyMyKitten

Just wait. If you getreally anxious, maybe call your vet?
She seems completely normal, but hasn't pooped...... I think, or hope, it is me not her! She is only 15 months old, first time I have been so interested in the time she poops!
Hope this is all me being a "mom"! Have had her from substitute milk, blue eyes, litter trained her, tiny palm of my hand, kitten! Praying it is me!!!!!

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
3:40 am, she finally pooped! I can actually sleep now! OK, as long as she poops again......

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

How's Maia? Any pennies in the poop?
She finally pooped last night about 13 hours later, I think she knew I was waiting! Today she has been full of it, unrolled an entire roll of toilet paper, eating, I was being a "mental mom" but don't regret it! She is my baby, and is 100% penny free! No kitty bank in this home!
Thanks for asking!