Shows how much I pay attention

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A friend just called me to give me her new cell # and we were talking about the rain. I told her "I hope it stops, we have a roof tomorrow" She says "Um, you're going to do a roof in a tropical storm?" I didn't even know about Barry....Yeap, I've been busy

You can tell it's the first day of Hurricane season

http://baynews9.com/Home.html

Can we have some vibes that this thing passes?

dragoro

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hehe I just found out about it too lol. I was just by ya for a month a couple weeks ago. I was stayin in St Pete beach. Im back in Winter Park now though.

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tons of vibes for it to pass quickly!!!

Don't worry....Tiger will hold down the fort!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dragoro

Hehe I just found out about it too lol. I was just by ya for a month a couple weeks ago. I was stayin in St Pete beach. Im back in Winter Park now though.
Really? Yeah I didn't know about it. I knew it was going to rain but didn't know about Barry. I really should watch the news more

babygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I heard about it in the afternoon. I'm one of those people doing their roof before Hurricane season starts. They have been working on it for 3 days now, and so far, only 3 rooms & 1 bathroom have been flooded.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by maddensmom

Tons of vibes for it to pass quickly!!!

Don't worry....Tiger will hold down the fort!!
His big butt would hold anything down!

Originally Posted by babygirl

Well, I heard about it in the afternoon. I'm one of those people doing their roof before Hurricane season starts. They have been working on it for 3 days now, and so far, only 3 rooms & 1 bathroom have been flooded.
3 days?
No way! We get it done in 1-2...did they tell you how many squares it is? Is it flat or pitched? Shingle or Tile?

babygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Oooh, I hope it blows by you with little results
Well, the state of Florida need the rain, so I don't see a lot of people complaining. Except people in the Miami area, we don't need the rain.

shorty14788

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I didn't hear anything about it until last night around 5pm! I heard a coworker say that we were going to get hit by a tropical storm. It shouldn't be bad though... Just have to worry about tornados...

My husky couldn't have WORSE timing to get diarrhea though...
Now my house is going to smell like wet dog... poop... or possibly both... Hopefully just wet dog. She did this 2 years ago when we had a hurricane come through. I think she plans it.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Shorty14788

I didn't hear anything about it until last night around 5pm! I heard a coworker say that we were going to get hit by a tropical storm. It shouldn't be bad though... Just have to worry about tornados...

My husky couldn't have WORSE timing to get diarrhea though...
Now my house is going to smell like wet dog... poop... or possibly both... Hopefully just wet dog. She did this 2 years ago when we had a hurricane come through. I think she plans it.
oh no! Yeah my dog Jake isn't too pleased about the rain either. He'll hold it till he bursts before he pees in the rain

lochnessmonster

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well I am NOWHERE near Florida but it has become my most loved place to spend a vacation after visiting you all last Halloween last year. Sending you all best wishes , hope it blows over real soon. Xxx

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lochnessmonster

Well I am NOWHERE near Florida but it has become my most loved place to spend a vacation after visiting you all last Halloween last year. Sending you all best wishes , hope it blows over real soon. Xxx
It's very nasty this morning. I woke up to 6 voicemails about leaking roofs
Tryin to explain to people "Yes, we'd be happy to fix your roof but we can't do it in the rain" is difficult.

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't get to see most of the storm because I slept through it. DH said it rained like crazy all night. Must have... One of my large flower pots was filled... 8, maybe 10 inches? Might not be how much rain we had...pot could have been filled partially from the roof... but either way, it looks like a lot.

I knew it was going to rain, but I didn't know it was a tropical storm until I received my phone call from my early warning system (aka mom). Ever since I moved to FL she's addicted to the weather channel.. I don't even have to watch because I know if something is going on, she'll call

Still raining too. This rocks!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MuttigreeMom

I didn't get to see most of the storm because I slept through it. DH said it rained like crazy all night. Must have... One of my large flower pots was filled... 8, maybe 10 inches? Might not be how much rain we had...pot could have been filled partially from the roof... but either way, it looks like a lot.

I knew it was going to rain, but I didn't know it was a tropical storm until I received my phone call from my early warning system (aka mom). Ever since I moved to FL she's addicted to the weather channel.. I don't even have to watch because I know if something is going on, she'll call

Still raining too. This rocks!
Yeah, we needed the rain desperatly.
The rain finally let up around 2 this afternoon so we ended up working afterall

DH didn't get home until almost 9:30 tonight. He took a shower, ate and is already asleep. We have 4 more appointments tomorrow.