Playing or serious fighting?

crazykitties

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Please take a look and let me know if they are just playing. I grew up with dogs, so cats are a whole new world. It looks like they are playing, but I don't know. They aren't hissing, growling, crying and their tails aren't all fluffed. Please excuse my messy house and my talking on the phone. They started doing this and I had to grab the camera. TIA!

http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c264/anmomma2/?action=view&current=DSCN2012.flv

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What adorable kitties!!! Sometimes when cats play it looks like they're fighting, but they're not. Do you have any more pictures of them showing the behavior you're asking about?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crazykitties

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just have that video. Thanks for the replies, I was starting to get worried.

crazykitties

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Skippymjp

MOST definitely playing......just wait till they start to play rough
You mean that isn't playing rough?
Yikes!

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Too cute! Yes, just playing. Seb and Daphne do the same thing. Love how your little one almost becomes distracted by the tail!

asecretk

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hhehehe that is so playing. I love the determination of the little one. It reminds me of when Bob was little and kept trying to take down his Uncle Egore. He did the same thing. Grab him around the neck and then end up falling over himself as Egore just sat there looking at him like he was a fool.

LOL

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hahahaha that's so cute, definitely just playing - the little guy has some spunk!!!

You'll notice the little guy is the one who keeps annoying the bigger kitty, which is a good sign it's playing. If the big kitty was constantly trying to go at the little kitty and the little kitty was trying to escape, then it'd be a different story.

The little guy will keep pestering the big guy because that's what kittens do - like a small child always wanting to play with their bigger brothers and sisters

crazykitties

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They are cure, aren't they?
Sally, the baby is obsessed with the white tip on Cassie's tail.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Hahahaha that's so cute, definitely just playing - the little guy has some spunk!!!

You'll notice the little guy is the one who keeps annoying the bigger kitty, which is a good sign it's playing. If the big kitty was constantly trying to go at the little kitty and the little kitty was trying to escape, then it'd be a different story.

The little guy will keep pestering the big guy because that's what kittens do - like a small child always wanting to play with their bigger brothers and sisters
That little one really does have some spunk! Your older kitty will have to teach him when it's time to stop. This is usually done with a swat

xris

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cats do this. It tends to be Nala (smaller younger female) who is getting jumped on and she hisses a ton.

Is it still playing ?