UK people - quality wet foods in gravy?

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Radar's a tad fussy about his wet food. He's not keen on pate-style foods, he will eat food in jelly although it's not his favourite, but he loves gravy.

I only found this out because I need to do a zooplus order but I'd run out of food and had to go to Tesco to pick some up for him - no point getting the Nature's Menu because he won't touch it (good job Sonic likes it because we bought in bulk
) and the Hi-Life wet isn't a 'complete' food and he only likes the Tuna & Salmon, Seafood Flakes, and Diced Beef pouches so the rest of the box goes to waste.

As I was at a bit of a loss and thought it would be better if he had something rather than no wet food at all, I picked up some Perfect Fit beef/chicken in gravy which isn't great quality - but my word he tucked straight into it and got all excited about the gravy and lapped it up greedily.

So what I am asking (sorry for being a bit long-winded about it) is if anyone could recommend a premium quality food, preferably in pouches, that comes in gravy? (preferably available from zooplus).

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Almo nature do beef and beef and lamb flavours that are sort of in a gravy, iirc. They're shredded meat like the chicken ones but the broth is sort of gravy like I think! Can't think of any others off hand. zooplus sell yarrah now - not sure whether they are in gravy or not?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you! Radar has had the Almo Nature in jelly which he liked. For some reason he's not that keen on chicken, but beef flavours usually go down well with him. I haven't tried Applaws at all, I'll have to look into that!

He never used to be this fussy

kipper3972

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Felix has new cat food wih whole meat chunks and fish chunks. Also gourmet cat food might be an idea [although it's a little on the expensive side
]

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kipper3972

Felix has new cat food wih whole meat chunks and fish chunks. Also gourmet cat food might be an idea [although it's a little on the expensive side
]
I thought that Felix 'As good as it looks' wold be a good one too but I looked at the ingredients and it`s only 4% meat!

Just for comparison Natures Menu is about 72%, I think.
Sure that is false advertising by Felix

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought about this thread the other day when I was feeding Jaffa lamb flavoured cosma in jelly (in the tins). Although it says it's in jelly, when you add some water to it (as I always do for Jaffa) it's more like a gravy, imo.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kipper3972

]
I don't think Felix is much cop to be honest, very little meat content. And I won't buy Gourmet because it's made by Nestle who are still aggressively advertising baby formula (saying it is better nutritionally than breastfeeding!) in countries where there is a lack of safe drinking water (and lax regulation with regard to false advertising), hence causing death of babies. I refuse to buy any Nestle/Purina products while they continue this marketing campaign.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
if you feed dry, or a small amount with the rest being complete food, you can feed HiLife, and the Tuna/Salmon and Beef flavours are available to buy singly, I always buy an inner of 20 Tuna/Salmon pouches at a time (they are ideal when you have cats being fussy, never found one who would turn them down yet). I do feed Perfect Fit as well, it isn't the best meat wise (but at 14%, its better than some!!), but it has high fibre, which Molly needs. i dont tend to feed food in gravy though, so can't suggest anything else.

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm actually quite happy with the tesco finest chicken or tuna cans (there are also white fish and sardines but Nikita won't eat that)

These are all complete foods and the ingredients for the chicken one are:
Chicken Breast (min. 45%), Tapioca Starch, Sunflower Oil, Vitamins & Minerals and it actually looks like chicken meat when you open the can.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine get those as treats, but are a bit expensive for normal use - I thought the sensitivity food from the vets was reasonably priced though - receptionist thought I was bonkers cos it was 50p a pouch!!