Member Referral Contest for June 2007

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Let's bring in more people to this board during June!

On top of the Posting Bonanza... let's have a fun referral contest that pays you to recruit for TCS

Simple enough contest:

The member that sends in the most referrals that turn out to be active members wins.

Active members means that the referred member has to make at least ten posts to qualify.

Stats for the whole month of June will be checked in mid-July, to allow the new members some more posting time. They have to register during June though.

Now for the prize...

Top referring member gets $10 + $2 for each referred active member.

If our winner referred 10 active members - they get $10 + $20 so a total of a $30 prize.

If our winner referred 20 active members they get $10 + $40 so a total of a $50 prize.

And so on... no limit on this prize! Payments will be made in Paypal to the winner. Not to disappoint anyone - if you make more than 5 referrals - active members - during June, you will still be awarded $10 (regardless of whether you win the contest).

5 Tips on How to Refer People:

Use your referral link (click here to find what your referral link is) to tell people about TheCatSite.com Forums. In the following examples, "place a link" means placing your referral link

* Place your link to TheCatSite.com Forums in other forum signatures (of course, only if allowed on that board!) - forums on other topics are the best place to get the word out and gain active members as referrals.

* Place your link to TheCatSite.com Forums in your email signature.

* Add a blurb about TheCatSite.com Forums and explain why you like it here and why you think your friends should join.

* Place a link to TheCatSite.com Forums on your blog, MySpace or any other online presence you have, specifically those that have to do with cats.

And if you still need a final push to join in this one... We will continue this referral contest all through the summer. The June contest is for June, but any referrals that you bring in will also be counted towards a summer long referral countest as well.

** Editing to Add **
If we have several contestants with the same number of referrals, the winner is the member whose referred members made the most posts on the board. Posts will be counted in mid-July

Please note: To make this fair to everyone, registrations made from the same computer/IP address, even if authorized by TCS staff as non-duplicate accounts, will not be counted towards your referral score for the purpose of this contest. That means you can't have anyone who lives with you and uses the same computer/IP connection as a referral.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
You never know... Cat lovers lurk everywhere!

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
great idea - what if you haven't and don't want a paypal account ?

I'd donate my winnings to a charity - thats if I won of course

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And don't forget you get 1,000 VBux points when you refer someone too!

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Yup! 1000 points for each referral as usual!

If you can't accept Paypal you can either buy forum membership with it or have us donate it to a charity of your choice that does accept Paypal

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
First referral for June is in... BTW, we usually get about 10 referrals a month, but they're spread across 5-6 people. It shouldn't be too difficult to win this contest really - just use the tips provided here and I bet you could easily get 5-6 referrals and win

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All of my friends and family are dog lovers.So, I am out of this one too.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Oh, you never know, cat lovers are anyone. Just try the ideas I suggested and I'll bet you you can get a sign up or too referred!

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know anyone that would join a pet forum. Most of the people I know with pets have no idea what a forum is or barely use the net. If I did know people I would definately send them over.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
People, this one is easier than you think... At this point of the month, all you need is 2 referrals to win $24... can't be that difficult, if you have a website with some visitors, or if you post on a board that allows you to have a link in you signature back to this board. Cat lovers are everywhere and even if you post on a totally non-related board, you are likely to pick up 2-3 referrals with your sign alone. Just please remember to make sure you're allowed to do that first.

When was the last time you could eart $24 for changing a line in your sig?

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What happened to the glow around the stickies?
This is is blinding green on the "name Me' skin.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
It looks the same to me?

It's hard to read, for sure, but it's not glowing. Hey, I'm out of points, but if anyone wants to spend some on changing the colors be my guests

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Anne

People, this one is easier than you think... At this point of the month, all you need is 2 referrals to win $24... can't be that difficult, if you have a website with some visitors, or if you post on a board that allows you to have a link in you signature back to this board. Cat lovers are everywhere and even if you post on a totally non-related board, you are likely to pick up 2-3 referrals with your sign alone. Just please remember to make sure you're allowed to do that first.

When was the last time you could eart $24 for changing a line in your sig?
I don't go on any other forum/chat site except for this one.
I don't really know anyone that would come onto a cat website anyways...

I wish I could be more help

kittydad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
one question, who won?>???? I know I got a couple of refferals here, heheheeh

nightcats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittydad

one question, who won?>???? I know I got a couple of refferals here, heheheeh
Not my kind of compo
but Yes It would be very intersting to know if it was won and by who?? If anybody??