The June Posting Bonanza Contest!

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise

Nifty posting contest for June - the member who contribues the best six quality posts to TCS wins!

We have a cool prize for the runner up, as well as a prize for every contestant!

"Da Rules"

1. During the first half of the month of June, you should make at least 6 quality posts in one of the cat care forums (see list of participating forums under the rules).

2. Posts can be thread starters or replies within threads.

3. Posts should be evenly distributed along the two weeks period. You are welcome to post more than six posts through out the two weeks (and beyond!), but you may only submit six to the contest.

4. ** Note Change Here ** To be considered, posts should be at least 150 words long or over 8 full length lines long, and include useful cat advice and/or personal experience and/or offer support. Posts should be courteous and promote community spirit.

5. Come June 15th, you can apply by posting in the contest thread with links to the six quality posts which they wish to submit. Please link directly to your posts, and not to threads where your posts are.

6. Come June 20th, submission phase ends and we run a poll based on the submissions.

Participating Forums (you may only submit posts which you posted in one of these during the first two weeks of June):
Health & Nutrition
Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care
Behavior
Care & Grooming
Breeders Corner
Caring for Strays and Ferals

Da Prizes!!!

We have the following Prizes in line, courtsey of Plain Brown Tabby Toys and Treats and TheCatSite.com

First Prize

First Prize winner will get a prize package consisting of:

1 Pink 3 in 1 Nap Sac (medium size)

1 fe"lines" Sunflower Cats Magnetic Notepad

1 Honeysuckle Toys Deluxe Pack

1 Whole Life Pet Treats Chicken - 4 Oz. size

Six Months long TCS Forum Membership

5000 Forum Points

Second Prize

Second Prize winner will get a prize package consisting of:

Yeowww! Hearrrt Attack - Can't Break This Heart:

Photo Magnet Frame - Perfect

Wildside Salmon Cat Treats - 3 Oz. resealable pouch

A 3 pack of Kitty Pongs

Three Months TCS Forum Membership

3000 Forum Points

Runner Ups - Places 3, 4 and 5

Will each receive -

A 10% discount coupon for Plain Brown Tabby Toys and Treats (10% off anything except Catpaper)

2000 TCS forum points

Other Contestants will each receive -

1000 Bonus Forum Points

** Please note: our sponsor does not ship overseas. Our non-US members are still welcome to join in the June Posting Bonanza Contest, but please be aware that should you be the winner of any prize by Plain Brown Tabby Toys and Treats (including the discount coupons), we may need to arrange a substitue prize for you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Questions, comments, strategies, tips and advice - please post here!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww, I don't really know enough about cat care to post threads/replies of 200 words
All I know is, speuter, don't declaw and feed your cats

I'm sure alot of members will do well in this contest though

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am with you Nat. I dn't feel comforatble giving a lot of advice but I know there are members who can and will!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am usually on the other end of the cat giving advice... I usually get it. Now on a personal level..... that's another story!

lots of luck everyone! The prizes sound way cool!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
It doesn't have to be "professional" cat advice. Sharing your own experiences and thoughts works too! We may change the number of words if you think it's too long - the idea is to encourage thoughtful posts, not verbiage

BTW, there's a much easier contest starting on our sister board Verdant Forums today - Verdant Forums Posting Contest

All you have to do there is literally type away lol - we will run a draw at the end of the month and 3 posters will get $15-$20 each. If you're into gardening/landscaping then by all means June is a great month to join VF!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

is there a quick way to check how many words.............
type your response out in Word then copy it to here. In word you can go to tools and then to word count.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

type your response out in Word then copy it to here. In word you can go to tools and then to word count.
oh right, I remember that ....just wondered if there was a 'thingy' like that in TCS ....

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Anne

It doesn't have to be "professional" cat advice. Sharing your own experiences and thoughts works too! We may change the number of words if you think it's too long - the idea is to encourage thoughtful posts, not verbiage

BTW, there's a much easier contest starting on our sister board Verdant Forums today - Verdant Forums Posting Contest

All you have to do there is literally type away lol - we will run a draw at the end of the month and 3 posters will get $15-$20 each. If you're into gardening/landscaping then by all means June is a great month to join VF!
Yup - our contest just started today over on VF. Anyone that loves gardening, thinks they might like to garden or just wants to hang out and chat with us is welcome! It's a slower pace than TCS but just as much fun, and the more members, the merrier! We are mostly imports from TCS over there, so you'll recognize a lot of familiar "faces"!

roxie225

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh this is exciting!! I don't have much professional advice but Roxie might have given me enough personal experiences to share!!

This is going to be so fun
! I love friendly competition, good luck everyone!

tiffanyl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So, your 6 qualifying posts can only be in one of the forums listed? In other words, all of your posts need to be in that same forum, you can't spread them out over each of the forums listed?

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TiffanyL

So, your 6 qualifying posts can only be in one of the forums listed? In other words, all of your posts need to be in that same forum, you can't spread them out over each of the forums listed?
ooo I took it to mean in any of the forums listed .......maybe Anne will confirm for us later

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TiffanyL

I took it to mean it has to be in any of them but not the Cat Lounge etc

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ohhh, LokisMom needs to get involved in the Verdant Forum contest!

Hehe, this looks like a fun competition but half the time I'm not even sure my posts are comprehensible, let alone helpful.

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Anne

1. During the first half of the month of June, you should make at least 6 quality posts in one of the cat care forums (see list of participating forums under the rules).

2. Posts can be thread starters or replies within threads.

3. Posts should be evenly distributed along the two weeks period. You are welcome to post more than six posts through out the two weeks (and beyond!), but you may only submit six to the contest.

4. To be considered, posts should be at least 200 words long and include useful cat advice and/or personal experience and/or offer support. Posts should be courteous and promote community spirit.

5. Come June 15th, you can apply by posting in the contest thread with links to the six quality posts which they wish to submit. Please link directly to your posts, and not to threads where your posts are.

6. Come June 20th, submission phase ends and we run a poll based on the submissions.

Participating Forums (you may only submit posts which you posted in one of these during the first two weeks of June):
So, we can start now right? Then on June 15th we can 'apply'? Also, how do you post a link directly to the post and not to the whole thread that was started? Sorry I'm having a blonde day!

I still am not sure if I want to enter this competition or not, I'll have to think about it!?!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatsAreBetter

Hehe, this looks like a fun competition but half the time I'm not even sure my posts are comprehensible, let alone helpful.
You'd be surprised! The Raw Feeding Chronicles Thread....your advice has been awesome for me there!

Some of you guys don't realize how good your advice is. I post chatter responses that half the time aren't overly useful, just stressing what others have said. But there's always one post that is truly helpful!

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How do you know when you've reached 200 words? Counting each word will be difficult!!