Ever get stuck....

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ever get stuck with one of those people who Y-E-L-L when they talk & explaing things over and over that you just don't care about?
I spent 6 hours with someone like that. He was doing us a favor & installing carpets but dang I wish I had paid more $$$ for someone else. I have a splitting headache and want to S-C-R-E-A-M on the top of my lungs.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of the dads at my daughter's school is like that. He's SO LOUD! Even if classes are in session, he doesn't tone it down, he's practically shouting when you have a conversation with him. Maybe they have hearing problems?

At least it's done now and you can have some Advil then walk around on your new carpet... feels so nice.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh yes, my boss is like that, he is so loud and will explain the same thing to you over and over again. I am lucky because I have worked for him so long I have this look I give him now and he get's the point. However it is quite entertaining to watch when he corners someone else. The problem with him being so loud though is that everyone thinks he is angry when he is actually not. It scares the you know what out of some people.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It probably is a hearing issue with him. I hate when that happens - especially if you are stuck with the person for a long time.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Weve got a few people who shout on the phone during a normal conversation. If someones in my office on their mobile shouting i have to tell them to leave because i'm on a switchboard and the client doesn't need to hear it

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a few guy friends who are like that (my fiance, too, actually), but in their case, it's like the more excited they get, the louder they get. Imagine being trapped in a small room with three of them, all of them talking excitedly about some new movie or video game, and the volume just keeps rising and rising ...

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have someone like that here at work...and we have a PA system. I go deaf in my left ear on days that he has to page people frequently.

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TigerOnTheProwl

I have a friend like that. He's a really nice guy but he is soooo loud. Even when he is just talking normally I can hear him just fine from 100 feet away.
My fiance's brother is like that, and apparently always has been. He gives you a headache after awhile....even my fiance! He doesn't repeat things, but the loudness is VERY annoying! People tell hi SHHH, but he just doesn't get it!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Michele I'm afraid you've described my husband....
He's very Italian... so he does the loud talking thing all the time....
Some days I tell him I'm tired of getting screamed at....