Pop-up Blockers (RANT!)

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
GRRRRRRRR!!!!!

I have one of those internet toolbars installed (remains nameless) and had disabled the pop up blocker on that as well as on my browser. I deal with too many sites for school that require the pop ups...so I don't care if I get a few pop ups or not.

I was just FINISHING MY MID -TERM EXAM that was posted online. Throughout the test I had been clicking Save on each question (thank you whoever for putting that there) just incase. Each time I did so, I would receive the pop-up confirmation that it saved. Good right?

The last question that I was finishing...the pop-up blocker ENABLED ITSELF. So when I clicked on SAVE the pop up window got blocked. Stupid me, instead of clicking the Submit button, I clicked on "enable pop up". This refreshed the screen, locking me out of the mid term. I am so angry!!!!

I'm
and toes that everything did properly save like it had said.

I emailed the teacher and told her what had happened and included a copy of blocker's recent history. I just asked her to verify that everything did save properly and just accept as is.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I received an email back from the teacher and the stuff I did save was there.

:phew:

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
That is good news - technology is supposed to help up but it is so often a big pain in the "you-know-what"

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yea, I supposed if I spent my time on the Internet visiting *those* types of sites, then I probably would want it.

I don't though, so I really don't care if something pops up or not.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad you recovered your information. I won't live without my ad/popup blocker. Too many malicious types of spyware out there and the risk is just not worth me taking. My computer is completely secure and runs in stealth mode and nothing gets on my computer unless I invite it, and that includes ads. Seven plus years on the internet and I've never had a computer worm, virus or trojan.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
good to hear, and i am sure you did just fine

and by the way, its not just for "those sites" hehe just about every place you go have pop ups, and lord knows ou can surf the hacking sites anymore with out a blocker on.