Update on Norris Surgery- & news on the woman who got him into this mess!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
(please note that i just typed out this huge long message and then kojak proceded to delete it somehow.thanks kojak!
)

So here we go- Update on Norris. Norris is doing well- he's back at home with us now. I just picked him up from the vets office a little while ago (when i got there he was eating food and giving all the techs kisses- what a sweetie!) He seems to be hobbling around ok too! I started him on his antibiotics/pain meds as soon as we got home so hopefully all will heal up smoothly. They had to amputate at the hip so there is literally nothing left on that one side that was injured. He has quite a few stitches, and was licking at them in the car- so as soon as i got him in and settled down i put an e-collar on him just to be safe. (if he busts open that site we're in a mess!) I also lined the crate with soft blankes so he won't run into the bars and hurt his little incision site.) and he's got his comfy orthapedic bed in there along with his favorite stuffies/toys and his food and water (all raised so he can reach it) So far so well! He's got quite a long recovery ahead of him but he seems to be doing very well considering. Thankyou everyone for all of the wonderful TCS vibes and prayers!! Norris and I both appreciate it!! Norris friends are also quite glad to see him- Fosters, Whiskey, Velvet, and Kojak are all in the kitchen laying by him in his crate. I am happy to say that amidst everything - Norris has been soo resiliant and wonderful- i think he's going to be just fine
What a blessing to have such a great dog around!

NOW for the news everyone has been wondering- what REALLY happened to Norris. We had all just assumed at the shelter that Norris had been run over by a car or something of that nature because of the extent of the injury to the leg. Last night however, before closing- my boss found out what really happened to poor Norris. The evil lady (please note i'm biting my tounge not to use other adjectives to describe her!) who adopted him actually had the NERVE to call the shelter yesterday----OVER a week later about Norris.
The only reason she called is because my boss had left her scathing messages this week. This woman calls over a week later to tell us what happened (idiot!)
Norris was not hit by a car- no, even better, he fell from a 3 story apartment building!
I am BEYOND furious! This idiot who adopted him lived on the third story of an apartment building. Now any person with common sense would know you do not leave your windows open reguardless of what floor you live on when you have animals. Apparently this stupid woman missed the memo! Norris feel from the 3 story building - THAT is how he broke his leg, that is why it had to be amputated. and knowing this- knowing that the window was the only way Norris could have gotten out of the apartment building- this woman never called, never searched for him, never contacted our shelter or other ones, never so much as cared!!!!!
Then she actually had the nerve to call over a week later- knowing he fell from a 3 story apartment building and asked if she could have him back
My boss told her to go to you know where (and a few other choice words) and let her CLEARLY know that she would never adopt another animal from our shelter or any other shelter/no kill/ rescue in this area! The the woman actually had her land lord (yes her land lord!) call us and tell us what a good person she was and how it wasn't her fault....blah blah blah. My boss had the same response for her as well
(sometimes i LOVE my bosses!
) So yeah- only a little over a week ago- Norris was just a normal dog with no issues at all...and now, because of this horrid woman, he is going to have to spend the rest of his life without it because of her stupidity. I hope sher gets what she deserves! (i know that sounds mean, but i don't care- she deserves it for what she let happen to Norris- and then not even caring about him) Uhhh some people do NOT need animals! Heaven forbid she ever procreate!
And all this time, i was wondering why Norris didn't have any debris/tread marks from being run over - now i know....he wasn't run over. He fell 3 stories from an apartment building because of this woman. This dog is such a champ! He has been through the mill and still has a goofy smile on his face and kisses to drown me in
I just love him soo much!

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am glad to hear that Norris is doing ok after his traumatic event
and after his surgery.

And to that previous owner:::

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsRNmom

I am glad to hear that Norris is doing ok after his traumatic event
and after his surgery.

And to that previous owner:::
I am too- sweet Norris seems to be doing quite well at the moment actually
I think all the Wildside Salmon dog treats are helping too
And Fosters did the most sweet thing a moment ago too- he brought his favorite stuffie to Norris crate and sat it right in front of it to share with Norris!
I have the most amazingly sweet animals i swear!!! They're such a blessing!

And yes- the previous owner- oh let's just say it doesn't take much for ya'll to guess what i'd like to do to her
But it makes me REALLY happy to know how much my boss let her have it the other day.
We were all at lunch today and my boss told me exactly what she said (things i can't say here as this is a family site
) and man, hehe, my boss rocks
She let that heifer have it!
Oh yeah and another good thing- if this woman even so much as attempts to try anything. I have pictures of the injury to the leg before amputation - and i will be taking more pictures soon of the amputated area as evidence. (thankyou to the wonderful TCS members who suggested doing that!!!!!) we also have written statements from 3 vets (the vet who does our spay/neuters and first saw him last thurs and sent him to the animal clinic, the 1st lousey vet - but he did write a good letter, and this new vet who did the amputation.) not to mention- ALL of my coworkers and i can give written statements if need be, and I as the foster mom, and Colin (who is a police officer in our city and the "foster daddy") will also have a say if need be
That heifer is toast if she tries anything!

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my word! And she didn't check on him, take him to the vet, or anything!?!
I'm glad he's doing okay after his surgery. Poor baby!

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good for your boss! Unfortunately the stupid (a kind word) woman probably doesn't even register what she did to that poor animal! What an idiot!

I'm so glad that Norris came through the surgery OK - wasn't that sweet of Fosters to share his toy with him!
Healing vibes coming his way }}}}}}}}}}}}}}

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsallover

Oh my word! And she didn't check on him, take him to the vet, or anything!?!
I'm glad he's doing okay after his surgery. Poor baby!
she did nothing. she didn't even look for him after he fell out of the 3rd story window and was left with a shattered leg wandering around!

Originally Posted by LokisMum

Good for your boss! Unfortunately the stupid (a kind word) woman probably doesn't even register what she did to that poor animal! What an idiot!

I'm so glad that Norris came through the surgery OK - wasn't that sweet of Fosters to share his toy with him!
Healing vibes coming his way }}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Fosters LOVES Norris. He just doesn't understand why Norris can't come out and play with him

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I could forgive her for having an accident, I could forgive her for unknowingly allowing an accident to happen. Sometimes things do happen even if people mean well. The thing that I find absolutely inexplicable and unacceptable is that she didn't try to find him or phone around shelters and vets or put up posters saying 'my dog may be injured and need help, if you see him call this number'.

I can't imagine being responsible for an animal's health and wellbeing and not going to any lengths possible to keep them safe, or if god forbid some awful accident happening, not trying to find that animal and get it to a vet. Even if that creature had been entrusted to my care for just 2 minutes, I would pull out all the stops.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, that's one thing for your animal to somehow get out of a 3rd storey window (how does a decent sized dog do that anyway?!?!?!?!?), but to not look for him, not report to anyone what happened, and then have the nerve to ring up a week later (only because of messages left) and ASK FOR HIM BACK!!!!

OMG!!!!

Karma wil come back and bite her in the bum don't you worry.

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
I know it's not a proper punishment for what that woman did to Norris, but she just deprived herself of a loyal and loving companion. I hope in time she'll realize what she did.

Still, I can't believe someone would not look for a lost dog for a week! Especially after he got out through the 3rd story window!

I hope Norris recovers well. He sounds like such a sweetie!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

I could forgive her for having an accident, I could forgive her for unknowingly allowing an accident to happen. Sometimes things do happen even if people mean well. The thing that I find absolutely inexplicable and unacceptable is that she didn't try to find him or phone around shelters and vets or put up posters saying 'my dog may be injured and need help, if you see him call this number'.

I can't imagine being responsible for an animal's health and wellbeing and not going to any lengths possible to keep them safe, or if god forbid some awful accident happening, not trying to find that animal and get it to a vet. Even if that creature had been entrusted to my care for just 2 minutes, I would pull out all the stops.
Originally Posted by sarahp

Wow, that's one thing for your animal to somehow get out of a 3rd storey window (how does a decent sized dog do that anyway?!?!?!?!?), but to not look for him, not report to anyone what happened, and then have the nerve to ring up a week later (only because of messages left) and ASK FOR HIM BACK!!!!

OMG!!!!

Karma wil come back and bite her in the bum don't you worry.
Originally Posted by marie-p

I know it's not a proper punishment for what that woman did to Norris, but she just deprived herself of a loyal and loving companion. I hope in time she'll realize what she did.

Still, I can't believe someone would not look for a lost dog for a week! Especially after he got out through the 3rd story window!

I hope Norris recovers well. He sounds like such a sweetie!
All of you lovely ladies hit the nail right on the head with those comments. I definitely understand that accidents happen and when this whole thing first started we tried to give the lady the benifit of the doubt (even though it all seemed fishy that the neighbor who found norris said he had been roaming for several days). But finding this out just goes to show that she has such a cold heart. She KNEW he fell from the window- yet she didn't even look for him, post flyers, call shelters, call us, you name it to look for him or try to help! How do you leave your window open (when you live on the 3rd story!), know your new dog (which you've spent at least $82 on) fell out...and then not even bother to look for him knowing that he might be dead or seriously injured after that fall??? I just don't understand people. It's inexcusable. And it's the innocent dog who sufferes for it. That is what upsets me. Perhaps she'd like us to toss her out out of a 3rd story window and leave her for dead
Uhh! (thankyou for letting me rant a bit- i needed too!
)

By the way- just in a side now- little Norris is sound asleep and seems to be resting well without any pain.
So that is always good!

fraggles

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You have got to be kidding me. How can someone be that clueless? Dear goodness, it's good to hear Norris is doing good.

What makes me sad is that this lady will probably go to some side of the road place or the mall and get another puppy. She clearly doesn't deserve one!

I can see someone not having the sense that a dog is capable of jumping out a window, even a 3rd story one. But not looking for it is inexcusable!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fraggles

You have got to be kidding me. How can someone be that clueless? Dear goodness, it's good to hear Norris is doing good.

What makes me sad is that this lady will probably go to some side of the road place or the mall and get another puppy. She clearly doesn't deserve one!

I can see someone not having the sense that a dog is capable of jumping out a window, even a 3rd story one. But not looking for it is inexcusable!
exactly. accidents happen. but not caring and being irresponsible- well, there's just no excuse for that. our shelter has contacted ALL of the local shelters in the mid south area (mississippi,arkansas,tennessee) that has shelters near here - no kill, rescues,- we tried to call as many as possible so that this woman will have a VERY hard time trying to adopt another animal.

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't believe what happened to Norris! I would be so devastated if that happened to any of our pets.
I am speechless! I can't believe she had the nerve to ask for Norris back after only being concerned a week later!
I also hope she gets what she deserves. It may sound mean, but what she did or the lack thereof is unexcusable! Maybe someone should let her fall 3 stories and see how she feels after that???

Right now I just want to ring her neck and hope it snaps! I have never heard of such cruelty to an animal. I'm so glad your boss told her where to go. I would not be very civil to her if it were me. I would also ban her from any shelter in this area and pet stores.
I'm so glad that Norris is doing better. I know he will heal nicely and be spoiled rotten like he deserves. You are a good mom so I know he will come through this ok. I was tickled to read about all your other furry kids laying around the cage to keep him company.

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Why does a person like that, who obviously couldn't care less about her pet, bother to adopt in the first place? Frankly, I don't care if you don't like animals- it's your loss and that's fine. But why go through the effort to find one, pay for it, bring it home, and then not have even an ounce of care about it.

I feel ill.

cinder

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
our shelter has contacted ALL of the local shelters in the mid south area (mississippi,arkansas,tennessee) that has shelters near here - no kill, rescues,- we tried to call as many as possible so that this woman will have a VERY hard time trying to adopt another animal.
Sadly, all this really means is that she'll end up getting a freebie that most likely no one will ever follow up on. I remember seeing the picture of Norris, who if I remember correctly was a fairly good sized dog. (unless I've got my wires crossed) A woman in a third story apartment adopted him? That makes no sense to me at all, along with why she didn't bother to look for him. I hate to say it, but he will have so much better of a life now with three legs than he would have had with her...even with all four of his legs.

pekoe & nigel

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cinder

I hate to say it, but he will have so much better of a life now with three legs than he would have had with her...even with all four of his legs.
You know, I never would have thought of that, but you're right. It's sad that something so traumatic and permanent had to happen to Norris to get him out of there, but unfortunately it's probably for the best.

But still disgusting.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Duchess15

I can't believe what happened to Norris! I would be so devastated if that happened to any of our pets.
I am speechless! I can't believe she had the nerve to ask for Norris back after only being concerned a week later!
I also hope she gets what she deserves. It may sound mean, but what she did or the lack thereof is unexcusable! Maybe someone should let her fall 3 stories and see how she feels after that???

Right now I just want to ring her neck and hope it snaps! I have never heard of such cruelty to an animal. I'm so glad your boss told her where to go. I would not be very civil to her if it were me. I would also ban her from any shelter in this area and pet stores.
I'm so glad that Norris is doing better. I know he will heal nicely and be spoiled rotten like he deserves. You are a good mom so I know he will come through this ok. I was tickled to read about all your other furry kids laying around the cage to keep him company.
Thanks hon. We are definitely working on the whole "spoiling him rotten thing"

Originally Posted by Pekoe & Nigel

Why does a person like that, who obviously couldn't care less about her pet, bother to adopt in the first place? Frankly, I don't care if you don't like animals- it's your loss and that's fine. But why go through the effort to find one, pay for it, bring it home, and then not have even an ounce of care about it.

I feel ill.
That's what i don't get eithor. She paid $65 for the adoption fee (covers spay/neuter , shots, de worming, first frontline plus treatement and things like that)...and THEN she paid $15 to have him microchipped. (plus a $2 fee for the credit card use) to a grand total of $82. Why spend almost 100 buck on an animal just to not care when he falls out of a window and not look for it. My guess is maybe she got him home and realized she didn't want a dog- then just didn't care
I don't know -it doesn't make sense but it surely is frusterating.

Originally Posted by Cinder

Sadly, all this really means is that she'll end up getting a freebie that most likely no one will ever follow up on. I remember seeing the picture of Norris, who if I remember correctly was a fairly good sized dog. (unless I've got my wires crossed) A woman in a third story apartment adopted him? That makes no sense to me at all, along with why she didn't bother to look for him. I hate to say it, but he will have so much better of a life now with three legs than he would have had with her...even with all four of his legs.
That's what i'm worried about. I'm worried she'll see one of those "free to a good home" adds in a paper that people run (which are AWEFUL in the first place and lead to a plethera of other issues, but thats an entirely different thread for another time). We have tried our best to give all the local shelters/etc in our area at least a heads up on her. And yes, you remembered correctly- Norris is about 60lbs. (certainly not a tiny dog!) She left her windows opened in her apartment (what an idiot!) and i'm guesseing they were full size windows and maybe he got excited seeing something outside or just tripped and fell out. I don't know though as i wasn't there. Eithor way though she did not even look for him or try to find him
And thankyou- you are definitely right- he will have a much better life, even on 3 legs without that heifer!
I am going to see to it that he NEVER goes through anything like this again if i can help it!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm still voting for a fenced state that is called "The State of Stupidity". This woman should be put there and steralized.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

I'm still voting for a fenced state that is called "The State of Stupidity". This woman should be put there and steralized.
I agree!!! hehe you crack me up