Any big plans for the weekend?

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
This Sunday is the big annual bike ride and I will be volunteering (standing at a street corner, helping pedestrians cross the street, keeping motorists from driving through, etc.) and then I'll do the rest of the ride.

The complete bike ride is 50km, but since I'm not stationed at the beginning, I'll bike less than that. I don't know by how much though.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Going HOME to see my family! My brother graduates from high school tomorrow so we'll be busy with that & his grad party on Saturday.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think we are going to have a quiet weekend. Definately go to the park - the splash pad is open so the boys will love that. Other then that - who knows.

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
going to my lakehouse for the weekend,to relax and swim

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're finally getting topsoil put down around our house so soon (hopefully) we will actually have grass instead of mud and/or dust. Needless to say, the carpets REALLY need cleaned! They've already dumped 4 loads of it in back of the house...starting at 7:30 am
but, I can't complain really. We're probably going to spend Sunday planting, with the dogs "helping" of course.

wesley's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Saturday we are going to a wedding of a friend of mine that I went to school with. I am excited! I love weddings! Actually, we have two weekends in a row of weddings to go to! FUN!
June is a popular month for a wedding. And for birthdays, atleast in our family!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonite is the Green Bay Botanical Garden Fair annual member's only night. Its supposed to rain though so I'll have to shop fast!! They now have 150 vendors-the largest fair of its kind in WI for sure. Its also mom's birthday today.
Working for a bit tomorrow if it doesn't rain otherwise my niece/nephew and the twins are up visiting their mom as my godson graduates this weekend. Might have to go up and visit!!

wesley's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Tonite is the Green Bay Botanical Garden Fair annual member's only night. Its supposed to rain though so I'll have to shop fast!! They now have 150 vendors-the largest fair of its kind in WI for sure. Its also mom's birthday today.
Working for a bit tomorrow if it doesn't rain otherwise my niece/nephew and the twins are up visiting their mom as my godson graduates this weekend. Might have to go up and visit!!
Oh! That Botanical Garden Fair sounds like soooooo much fun!!! I hope it just won't rain for you!!!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
CAMPING!!! I cant wait!! We went last weekend and had such a great time!!
I think we are going somewhere else this weekend though~a place that has a water play land for kids!!
I hope the rain doesnt ruin our fun!!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

I think we are going somewhere else this weekend though~a place that has a water play land for kids!!
I love everything about camping, except the actual sleeping in a tent thing. Maybe it has something to do with the time we got to the site in the middle of the night and set out tent up on a fire ant hill. Bad memories!

wesley's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Oh my goodness! I have so many memories with camping! And the funny thing is, almost EVERY time we went camping it rained!!!!
But, I do remember we always had fun no matter what! I hope you have a great time! Enjoy making your special memories with your kids!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

I love everything about camping, except the actual sleeping in a tent thing. Maybe it has something to do with the time we got to the site in the middle of the night and set out tent up on a fire ant hill. Bad memories!
Wow!! I would say thats a good reason.....
I know when we started taking our tent down last weekend, DH found this NASTY huge spider!!
I about flipped!!!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Wow!! I would say thats a good reason.....
I know when we started taking our tent down last weekend, DH found this NASTY huge spider!!
I about flipped!!!
Yup - let's just say it won't be easy to talk me into camping again. Rather just go to the cottage, have all the benefits without the tents!

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
we were going to go camping, but it's supposed to rain tonight into tomorrow. so we've postponed until next weekend. we'll check out the air show instead.

i LOVE tent camping. i got to go tent camping once as a kid, and thought it was fun. when i met DH he liked camping and took me tent camping after we had been dating for around a year. i loved it! what you have for a tent makes a big difference, IMO. i've always been an outdoorsy type while the rest of my family is really not. there's nothing like sitting next to a campfire, drinking a cold beer, and roasting marshmallows.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Studying for finals

Just keep reminding myself that a week from tomorrow I'll be visiting one of my good friends at the beach!

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
none for us, we have just had visitors, so I am looking forward to a relaxing chilling weekend, lots of fresh coffee, croissant, and the Sunday papers