New People???

jmill99m

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I cat does just great when me and my family are in the house but when someone else comes over she gets very upset and growls and hisses. IS there anything that can be done to prevent her from being upset with other people?

larke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe keep her in a separate room 'off limits'. She's only defending her territory after all.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jmill99m

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
ok. thats what we been doing. Will she ever grow out of it or is it just part of the cat's life to do that all the time??

asecretk

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How old is she and how long have you had her?

It sounds to me like she is just frightened and trying to get across the message that she is not to be messed with.

Placing her is another room is a good idea at least for now.

I have never had a cat that reacted that way though. Most of mine run and hide in a seperate room on their own if strangers come by.

But then two cats of my cats don't run at all. The older alpha female just glares at them with a "don't even touch" me look even though she is a big sweetheart with people and the other young male that wants to make friends with everyone.

mcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You might want to put some Rescue Remedy on the inside of her ears to calm her down. My Rainbow Angel Baffy used to go up to the top shelf in my closet when anyone came up the porch steps. She never changed. Some cats are very shy.