I got a *real* job interview tomorrow

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the

So far my job search has gotten me from one employment agency to another, but not to actual employers.

Well, I have my first real interview tomorrow. The work seems very nice. The pay is a little low, but it has benefits. And it's a permanent job. I also have more experience than what they ask for, so I might have a good chance.

Keep your fingers crossed for me

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Darn.

I just realize that it would take me an hour to get there. Do I really want to commute that much every day?

Well, I guess I can go to the interview and then decide if it's worth it or not.
I really would prefer something closer, but I also just want a job. I'm so tired of being unemployed.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by marie-p

Darn.

I just realize that it would take me an hour to get there. Do I really want to commute that much every day?

Well, I guess I can go to the interview and then decide if it's worth it or not.
I really would prefer something closer, but I also just want a job. I'm so tired of being unemployed.
Oh no! You didn't know that before you applied?

Driving that much is awful. It takes so much out of your day! I had to drive an hour each day for my last job a few times a week, and I hated it so much! Especially when gas is SO spendy!!

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Oh no! You didn't know that before you applied?

Driving that much is awful. It takes so much out of your day! I had to drive an hour each day for my last job a few times a week, and I hated it so much! Especially when gas is SO spendy!!
No, I didn't know where it was. I was just told the general neighborhood... but I thought it was at the south end of the neighborhood, no the north end.

Actually, I don't drive. I take the transit so it's not nearly as bad but I would still rather not spend that much time in transit.

Ah well, I'll see. If I really love the work environment, it might be worth it. I'll keep my eyes open for other options.

mybabyphx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This job doesn't seem to good.... it's far away, and not really that good of pay?!? I would say if you could get that pay raised up a little bit (since you have experience), and if you like the environment- then go for it! But then again, a job is a job! I know what it's like to be unemployed and broke! I'm going to cross my fingers that everything goes well, and I know you'll do the right thing!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If the job sounds like something you like, try to negotiate in the cost of transit...especially if the pay doesn't seem worth it.

doesn't hurt to try.

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck! And you know - sometimes you have to take jobs just for the experience in your field! The commute isn't really that bad, and you can keep looking while you're working! Go get em, girl!

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks.

I'm starting to feel a bit better about the job. I have been getting really depressed about not having a job and I need some stability and some income.

Still, I'll ask that they match the salary I was getting at my previous job. That's at the high end of the range they were giving, but I think it's a reasonable request.

If not, I'll just keep looking.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck. An hour by transit isn't that bad - I did 1n hour and 15 minutes both ways for years. It gives you a good chance to catch up on your reading.