A mouse a day

tiffanyl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
One of the strays I took in about 2 years ago started being agressive towards my other kitties. He was vet checked when I took him in, neutered, up to date on shots and tested for all of the feline diseases. Now he is showing this agressive behavior and seems to want to be outside so I have let him back out the past 3 nights and each morning he has left me a present right outside the front door, a dead mouse! 3 days, 3 mice! What is up with this? Does anyone have any idea?

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nothing is up. Cats are predators first and foremost. He is sharing his kill with you and this is an honor. Don't make a big deal about his gifts, just bundle up the dead rodents and dispose of them. Give the stray a nice meaty treat instead. One other thing, you will need to worm him every so often for tapeworms if you keep letting him outside. Plus be sure and flea treat him safely with advantage or frontline to keep him healthy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tiffanyl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hissy

Nothing is up. Cats are predators first and foremost. He is sharing his kill with you and this is an honor. Don't make a big deal about his gifts, just bundle up the dead rodents and dispose of them. Give the stray a nice meaty treat instead. One other thing, you will need to worm him every so often for tapeworms if you keep letting him outside. Plus be sure and flea treat him safely with advantage or frontline to keep him healthy.
Thanks, I will. All of my kitties get a monthly treatment of Frontline. I will keep in mind that he needs to be check for tapeworms and treated. I'm hoping he'll want to come back inside and calm down.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
John's dad's 13 year old cat does this quite often. A couple weeks ago, I opened the front door and felt something warm hit my foot, I looked down and she had dropped a dead mouse right on my bare foot.