Felidae

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found a place that sells Felidae locally. I couldn't believe it. I knew it was a better quality food, but how much better is it and is it safe? She sells both wet and dry, but I"m looking at the wet food mostly.
I know that they are not associated with Menu foods and they are in California. Anyone else use this and have any problems?

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried Felidae canned. It's a very good food, however my cats didn't like it. One would eat it sometimes if it was mixed with another food (Innova).

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
All FOODS are a risk... Just wait till meat gets a recall like us humans have a bunch off

IMHO Felidea is okay as Evangers makes the canned

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've got a smaller bag of the Felidae dry that none of the housecats, nor the outside pets, semi-ferals, or ferals will eat.
I don't know what it is about their food, but neither wet nor dry will be eaten on this place!

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have used the Felidae Wet (only) Chicken and Rice! It was a nice product to try because I have two cats who were dry feeders only to switch to wet, although it was quite the challenge a t first! I no longer am feeding my kitties Felidae Wet because their tummies cannot handle it in combination with their Innova Evo...Eventually I will gradually try to re-introduce them to wet again(they had been on the wet for weeks before I threw EVO in the mix... they were on the Felidae wet and Wellness dry)! Apparently EVO is too rich for some and in combination with the Felidae wet it was too much for my kitties! It is a nice product line and my cats liked it (though they got sick of it once in awhile, due to eating just the chicken and rice and no other variety)!

I saw give it a shot, what have you got to loose, start with one can and go from there...

http://www.onlynaturalpet.com/produc...od/102037.aspx

myfirstragdoll

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
sharky;1807345 said:
All FOODS are a risk... Just wait till meat gets a recall like us humans have a bunch off

QUOTE]

This is true but right now grains is the issue. I wil worry about meat when it's a issue.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
MyFirstRagdoll;1807369 said:
Originally Posted by sharky

QUOTE]

This is true but right now grains is the issue. I wil worry about meat when it's a issue.
I know
/// that is why I am trying to get off commercial then if something happens it is my fault..

kittylover77

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
About a year ago, I fed Felidae dry (both formulas), my cats did eat it, but not enthusiastically.
Wet they liked at first, but when I included it in my weekly rotation, it was picked at a little, but they would not eat a full serving ever.

I hope you have better luck than I did!

followedbydolls

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Generally from what i have read and heard it's considered a good food one that is also reasonably priced however none of mine would eat dry or wet.

Now on the flip side i have had good experience with their canidae[dog] with my group both wet & dry.. the cats are just to darn picky i guess

I certainly think it's worth a try!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My girls all love the Felidae dry and wet! My girls aren't at all fussy though... Although, I gave them Whiskas wet for a couple of nights when I'd run out of Felidae, and they turned their noses up and gave me very disgusted looks
They definitely prefer the better quality food!

maxy24

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cats are OBSESSED with the dry and really liked the cat and kitten wet (they did not like the chicken and rice wet though). I would definitely see if they like it!