Yikes - I'm soaked!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went out to lunch (just across the street from my building) and it was overcast when I left, but it didn't look too bad. 10 minutes later, I was startled while eating my Subway sub by a huge clap of thunder and the sky lit up with lightening. Next thing I know it was pouring rain so hard it was bouncing up when it hit the ground. After slowing eating my sub and watching the amazing display of nature I realized that I had to get back to work and it didn't look like it would let up any. I had to do the made dash accross the street (of course the light was red) with my glasses in my purse. By the time I made it to my building (all of 300 feet) I was soaked with scraggly hair and wet clothes. Now I have to sit here, damp, for the rest of the day. I, of course, forgot my umbrella this morning. Hopefully the rain will stop by the time I have to go home.

At least the rain has cooled things down a little.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
so, it's finally reached Canada! i'll have you know it's been raining here, everyday, sometimes all day, for the last 3 weeks or so. i told my sister it's the 2nd flood. it's not raining today, but it's still really cloudy/overcast looking, so it still could...

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
can you send some to us here in Georgia. We are in such a drought! We aren't allowed any outdoor water usage!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

can you send some to us here in Georgia. We are in such a drought! We aren't allowed any outdoor water usage!
Let me just wring out my hair for you.....

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Please do so on my roses! They are thirsty!
I'll see what I can do for you, wanna pay for my plane ticket?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

i'm sure it'll get there, sooner or later!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmmm..... That might be expensive for hair water!
Will you guarentee the most beautiful and big roses ever??

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hmmmm..... That might be expensive for hair water!
Will you guarentee the most beautiful and big roses ever??
Nope - I have a black thumb - any plant I touch is sure to die. Better stick with the drought.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
(This was before I started driving.)

I once had an appointment in the city and had to walk and ride the bus. It started pouring just as bad. I had my umbrella, but it was coming down so hard the umbrella didn't help. I took refuge in a bank foyer but the street was flooding and the water started coming into the bank!

Anyway, by the time I had finished the appointment and got back to my Mom's office I looked like the proverbial drowned rat. Had to go into the bathroom and wring my clothes into the sink.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok can someone explain to me how this storm is hitting Toronto/Etobicoke, missing most of Mississauga and Oakville... hitting Burlington and missing Hamilton because that is just weird!

I too am soaked, I made the 20 min walk to downtown to pick up a few bits and sunny skies, left the store to an amazing lightning storm and thunder and caught the rain on the last 10 mins

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh here is can be raining like 10 feet from you but where you are standing not a drop. Or MY luck is it is pouring where I am standing but dry across the street!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

Oh and Ady, it isn't supposed to last long, they are 'promising' sunny skies by rush hour, which for Toronto, already started
Thanks! I leave in 30 minutes and it is currently dry.

What a crazy weather day!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Eithne, I'm at Mississauga Road and 401 and we got a downpour sometime between 12:30 and 12:50 (not sure because I didn't check my clock in the car). It didn't last long and is now sunny.

I hope you folks in Georgia and Florida get some rain soon - things are not good for you right now.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its been raining like crazy here too- like everyday! It'll be nice in the morning- but in the afternoon its been raining and storming... I'm sick of it! Hope you dry out soon

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Eithne, I'm at Mississauga Road and 401 and we got a downpour sometime between 12:30 and 12:50 (not sure because I didn't check my clock in the car). It didn't last long and is now sunny.

I hope you folks in Georgia and Florida get some rain soon - things are not good for you right now.
Matt has been between Oakville and Mississauga all day and told me to quit whining because it wasn't raining there (he is down by the lake). It has cleared up here too

Those in Georgia and Florida can certainly have it.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We got 1/4 inch this afternoon-when did it start?? When I had 16 large annual plants left to plant for a commercial client!! I worked really fast-got really wet too. I carry towels in the truck but the rain stopped me from doing a coule of errands. It was really coming down hard at times on my drive home-some major accidents on the highway-mainly rear end collisions. Of course it stopped and according to local weather radar is done for the day-we really could use alot more however!!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What did I ever do to Mother Nature to make her so peeved at me? 1st I get soaked at lunch and sit dripping all afternoon at work (the rain stopped 10 minutes after I got back to the office. Then when I leave work it seemed fine. The closer the bus got to home the darker and more threatening it got. So I call DH from the bus and tell him to leave the back door open as it looks like I will be soaked walking home from the bus. If I go in the back door I can dry off before I see the kids. 2 minutes before I get off the bus, the skies open - pouring with thunder and lightening. It is about a 10 minute walk to my house from the bus. I take my glasses off so that they wouldn't get soaked and start walking quickly. Next thing I know a big gust of wind comes out of nowhere and a leafy tree branch (small one at least) flies off a tree and wacks me in the head. By the time I get home I'm soaked, my head hurts and I am grumpy - and I still had to go back out to the doctor. 15 minutes after I'm inside - it stops.

Today I have my Eeyore umbrella, so I won't be rained on.