do your cats see ghosts?

kristy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don't really believe in ghosts but have noticed my cats often stare at nothing. They look very frightened and freeze whilst staring into thin air. Its not day dreaming as they sometimes follow this invisible 'thing' around the room. I check for flies etc but have never seen what they are looking at. Its very scary when they spot something behind me and follow it as it comes nearer.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dino is the one who sees all the ghosts and ghouls in our house - mind you he is getting on a bit now - over 13yrs - but he'll stand and stare for ages at one spot
the worse thing he does is when we go to bed, he comes with us and he'll having one of his staring moments right before we are just about going to sleep
spooky or what

tru87

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
oh yeah lol, thanks to my cat - I know where ghosts are all the time !

liza24

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
animals are very perceptive to that kind of thing. my cats and dog know and tell me where the negitive energy is in my house, so i can take care of it.

luvmykat_reese

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I believe it. We lived in a house that we believed had ghosts because we would hear music in the walls and would check everywhere for the source. We remodeled the upstairs and the music went away. Every day our cat would hide behind our TV upstairs in our room in the smallest spot ever and she was a big cat. She would also "stare" and stop to "listen". I believe that she saw what we couldn't.

maxy24

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh yeah, it was the scariest thing EVER. I got all cozy in bed and shut off the light. The I see Neko Puff up and start hissing at the air. He continued hissing for a minute, I was saying his name trying to get him to stop. So I ran out of the room (I have a fear of the dark and ghosts don't help) and called him. He came and I pet him for a few minutes then went back in the room. He followed me in and a minute later began hissing again, it was a constant one hiss after the other. After about four minutes of that he left the room. I was petrified.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know if it's ghosts or not, but Stan and Bella are always staring at things I can't see. Of course, our house was once a funeral parlor, so I guess there may be a few "late" guests passing through.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At my boyfriends old rented house, this place was ancient and falling apart and he lived in the attic bedroom. The cats, one day, all of a sudden started growling and their hair puffed up and the were watching something move around the room.... when it seemed to get closer to them they would let out a yowl. It was weird and really creepy.

whiskerynature

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mooficat

Dino is the one who sees all the ghosts and ghouls in our house - mind you he is getting on a bit now - over 13yrs - but he'll stand and stare for ages at one spot
the worse thing he does is when we go to bed, he comes with us and he'll having one of his staring moments right before we are just about going to sleep
spooky or what
Sometimes when we go to bed, we'll find Munchie just meowing and staring and pawing at the corner of the room. Doc kinda does this, but he'll run back and forth thru the apt like he's being chased, scared (even though there's "no one" chasing him)...and sometimes he'll make a dozen round trips back & forth, no stops
!

Once when I was studying Munchie was in a crazy-vigilante-cat mode...it totally weirded me out...and then I figured out what he was looking at! A roach! YucK! It wasn't even visible, but an hour later the nasty thing scurried out, being chased by Munchie. Munchie wounded it
, then my boyfriend finished it off w/ a rolled newspaper!

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love it when this subject pops up!
I absolutely believe in ghosts, spirits, communication with those who have passed. Cats I feel are very sensitive creatures, they also hear and smell things beyond our ability to figure out what they are
out about! This happens sometimes though at the same time they are such relaxed dominant presences in their homes, that it is very probable some may see or feel things we don't.
Maia is not one to stare at nothing, 95% of the time I figure out what she is starring at, 90% of that is a bug! Love her for that!!!!!!!
One day I was changing the sheets and she was being "A CAT" running under and playing in them, so I grabbed my camera. This image popped up in one.....

Yes there was a flash, but where would it reflect from? It also appears she is looking at it........I strongly feel it could be her aura .... I'm no Sylvia Browne, but it does leave questions!

green bunny

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Fortunately, my kitties don't perceive anything to be in my apartment. I'd be totally freaked out if there were; ghosts really scare me.

We have ghosts at my Mom's house, but my dog, Lady, never seemed to pay attention to them. Maybe because the ghosts were just "there" and weren't hostile. There's one in the basement that mostly hangs out in the pantry, and one that usually stayed in my old bedroom, but I don't know if she still primarily stays there since no one lives in it now.

Tricia

kuntrykitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't believe is ghosts and ghouls or haunting spirits. But I am Christian and I believe in spiritual warefare. As humans, I believe were are completel naive (sp?) and unable to sense certain things. Just like cats know when a storm is coming, dogs immediately know not to trust certain people, and horses can sense your fear. Zoe was doing that lastnight... She'll sleep through my sneezes, but she just woke up all of a sudden, and was staring at the doorway. She hissed once, resituated herself, and went back to sleep. I believe she did sense something... I am afraid of the dark and often get the freaky feeling somebody is standing behind me and it totally freaks me, even though I know nothing's there, it messes with me mentally. But as long as she's in bed with me (something ALIVE besides bugs or toads) I feel safe. And my dog sleeps in my room, in a crate, so I know if anybody ever dared walk in the house, he would totally freak...

chausiefan

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
can some cats protect us from evil ghosts? I use to pretend that they could when i was a kid just to help me sleep at night

kuntrykitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Chausie: I don't think there are evil ghosts. Here, I'm getting religious, but what I do when I feel bad, is just pray. It's like... when a room is dark. You turn on a light, and (if the lightbulb works!), the dark vanishes. It's like that with Satan and Christ. When you pray, Christ is the light that immediately makes all the dark disappear. It has no choice! This gives me comfort. But when I have Zoe in bed with me, I feel a heck of a lot better just because, I don't know really. She's an animal, she's pure, and just to be with someone makes me feel better. Kind of like I'm scared of the dark, but if somebody is out there with me, everything is okay. So when I'm scared of "something or somebody" if Zoe is there with me, I don't feel scared.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Swanie seriously freaked me out last night. Often when we go to bed, Cindy will sleep on our bed and Swanie will sleep on a pile of soft rags on the dresser (we put there for him). Last night they both went up early, which they never do. They always stay downstairs with us until we go up.

Anyway, after I got into bed, Swanie kept staring at something across the room. I checked, no flying bugs, nothing I could figure out would cause him to stare. Then he settled down to sleep, but all of a sudden he sat bolt up, very still, eyes dialated, staring at that same spot. I kept saying, Swan, what do you see? What is it? I felt really creepy, like there really was something there. After that he relaxed and went to sleep, and I felt much better too. I don't know what was there, but it sure was something.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if it were a ghost, because I firmly believe cats can see and hear things that we can't (and I believe in "ghosts" as well).

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by chausiefan

can some cats protect us from evil ghosts? I use to pretend that they could when i was a kid just to help me sleep at night
If you believe it I think that is possible. I like to think so.

telynn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Lynx did something like this once. He was on the vanity counter in my bedroom while I was sitting there getting ready for work. All of a sudden he looks over my shoulder. I turned to see what he was looking at and there was nothing there. His eyes were definetly following something behind me. Really gave me a creepy feeling. I've seen him look at spots on walls and stuff before and never had that feeling. But that morning, I really got goosebumps over it.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by chausiefan

I had a book of fairy tales from around the world and one was a story from Japan where the cats came out and scared away evil spirits
. I like to think if anything goes bump in the night that Bella's got my back

chausiefan

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I remember reading something about 3 colored cats being able to ward off spirits in japan

I also remember reading somethign about siamese cats guarding temples from evil ghosts