KatKwiz #45 - A different type of game!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

\\When you have time, please read the new rules. There are now five different types of contests that are run to increase interest, the rules have been greatly simplified, and we are now using questions submitted by our members.

Today we are having a Double Day. Two questions, both pay 300 points. You can answer either one and win 300 points. But if you feel the need for greed, you can answer both questions (in one post) and win 600 points. The catch is that if you go for both questions and miss one of them, you win nothing.

How many members are there on TCS that have mom (upper or lower case or color does not matter), in their username

How many active members are there on TCS that have mom (upper or lower case or color does not matter), in their username

Do you feel the need for greed? Just do not tell how you arrived at your answer.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did a search for the 'mom' one- and I found 776 members w/ that in their username - but, those could include 'mommy' 'momma', ect- because I did a search for 'mom' and thats what it gave me- I'm probably wrong, but thats my guess

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I did a search for the 'mom' one- and I found 776 members w/ that in their username - but, those could include 'mommy' 'momma', ect- because I did a search for 'mom' and thats what it gave me- I'm probably wrong, but thats my guess
OK. Guess you did not feel the need for greed, so 300 points go to you!

And now, who is going to win the other 300 points??

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guessed the right answer, but for the life of me I can't tell who the active ones are. I tried - really I did!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

I guessed the right answer, but for the life of me I can't tell who the active ones are. I tried - really I did!
We had a contest like this a few weeks ago. First you need to determine what an active member is according to TCS.

Hurry, these 300 points are burning a hole in my pocket.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

\\When you have time, please read the new rules. There are now five different types of contests that are run to increase interest, the rules have been greatly simplified, and we are now using questions submitted by our members.

Today we are having a Double Day. Two questions, both pay 300 points. You can answer either one and win 300 points. But if you feel the need for greed, you can answer both questions (in one post) and win 600 points. The catch is that if you go for both questions and miss one of them, you win nothing.

How many members are there on TCS that have mom (upper or lower case or color does not matter), in their username

How many active members are there on TCS that have mom (upper or lower case or color does not matter), in their username

Do you feel the need for greed? Just do not tell how you arrived at your answer.
ONE HOUR LEFT. ANSWER NUMBER TWO IS JUST ONE CLICK AWAY FROM ANSWER NUMBER ONE WHICH HAS BEEN ANSWERED CORRECTLY.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
95 if you are counting today as one of the active user days, 97 if you are not.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

95 if you are counting today as one of the active user days, 97 if you are not.
Guess I had to give a warning to get the answer.
You are right on both counts.
The one click away was to sort all the mom usernames and count how many had posted in the last 60 days. If you did not know about the 60 days you could have clicked on Cat Forums and went to the bottom of the page and done a mouse over of Active Members and it would have told you 60 days.

You are the KatKwiz Whiz of the Day!
(1/2)

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

If you did not know about the 60 days you could have clicked on Cat Forums and went to the bottom of the page and done a mouse over of Active Members and it would have told you 60 days.
I can't seem to find this part when I try it myself... am I missing something?

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

I can't seem to find this part when I try it myself... am I missing something?
Ditto - it doesn't show me anthing when my mouse goes over it.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

Care to fill me in... I still don't get it.
I was waving my little mouse thing over "current active users. then I went to TheCatSite.com Forums Statistics and waved the little mousey thing (pointer?) over the active user heading and got the 60 day rule there.