Skye's in heat! UGH!

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So Skye is now in heat. Thankfully shes not a loud mouth about it. Shes very quite and just does the mating stance and rubs on everything.
Shes not being to annoying. Im calling the rescue tomorow to see if they will do a spay now that shes in heat. I dont want to deal with her rubbing her butt on everything. Calamity didnt get her spay/abort monday like she was supposed to.
Im really PO. If they wait much longer the vet wont do it.
Shes got a URI so they said they dont want to do it while shes sick. Her kittens have tox something. The meds they are on only requires two doses which is nice. They had one at the vets and Im supposed to give them another tomorow and that should get rid of whatever it is. I cant remember the name. Skyes kittens have URI's which they gave to Calamity. I have a house full of sickies. The vet looked at Skye's babies and said aww poor babies now that you are big enough now you look so pathetic and are sick. She felt bad for my runny nosed, drippy eyed, sneezing and weezing babies. But now they are out playing and roughhouseing and acting almost normal.
Maybe its the same with cats as with kids going to the doctors makes them magically feel better.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck- i hope she is able to get spayed asap! also- the kittens can be spayed/neutered at 2lbs if they haven't been already.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fostermomm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Good luck- i hope she is able to get spayed asap! also- the kittens can be spayed/neutered at 2lbs if they haven't been already.
Yeah I know. Her kittens were stunted so it took them longer then they should to get to 2 lbs. Then the vet wanted to do them all at once. Even my other two foster kittens who werent quite big enough. Well now they are all sick so they cant get spayed/neutered until next week. They are 12 weeks old now (I think) and the two smallest girls in the litter just got to 2 lbs earlier this week. Th biggest ones are now about 2 1/2 lbs. If only they can get healthy then they can go to their waiting forever homes. Several of the homes that were going to adopt them decided to go with other kittens in the rescue. They were supposed to be the first litter this year to be big enough to be adopted out. But they didnt grow to well. I need new pics of them to show. They are so cute. Calamity's kittens have about 20 applications we need to dig thru. Thats gonna take forever. Everyone wants my pretty boys. Its nice knowing they all have homes waiting but must be frustrating to the new families because the ones who are getting Skye's babies should have been able to have them 2 weeks ago!

andrea727

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fostermomm

Maybe its the same with cats as with kids going to the doctors makes them magically feel better.

so true!!!