Wedding gift...cat?

whiskerynature

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
For my birthday last year, my brother donated $100 to the ASPCA in my name. So I thought, that's a pretty cool idea for people who like animals or just want to help, or don't need any more stuff.

Well, my childhood friend is getting married, and she didn't register anywhere b/c she says she already has everything she needs. So I'm thinking I'm going to sponsor 2-3 cats at her local shelter in her name
. Much better than another random kitchen utensil/appliance!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What an amazing idea!!!!! I bet your friend would love that! It sounds like she has a very big heart for animals in need

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
That's a great idea!! It's better than any kitchen appliance id say!

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a great idea! I may use that idea for my animal friendly friends for their birthdays as well..

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that is a fantastic idea

my niece did that for me with a bunny rescue centre - they send all sorts of stuff, photos, updates etc.......I really look forward to hearing how my adopted bunny - Pippin - is doing

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If your friend is an animal lover; I think its a GREAT idea. Kinda cool and unique. Will the shelter give you a pic of the cat you "adopt" so you can include it in the wedding gift? If not, ask them - tell them what's its for and I'm sure they will be happy to take a picture

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

whiskerynature

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

If your friend is an animal lover; I think its a GREAT idea. Kinda cool and unique. Will the shelter give you a pic of the cat you "adopt" so you can include it in the wedding gift? If not, ask them - tell them what's its for and I'm sure they will be happy to take a picture
I'm glad everyone seems to like the idea...I thought it might seem random. My friend might actually be more of a dog person (she's not ready for a pet yet in her small apt), but I think the major thing is that she'll be glad (I hope!) that $ went to a good cause. The cat shelter sends pics & updates of the adopted cat; I just need to give them her mailing address & maybe a little note explaining the nature of the gift.

On the topic of dogs -- I was surfing around and found that a lot of shelters seem to like these Kuranda dog beds. From the Kuranda website (www.kuranda.com), you can donate a bed directly to a shelter -- t a discounted price, too!

So for good measure
, I think I'm going to sponsor 2 cats
& donate 1 dog bed
...it'll come out to be $100-ish.