I'm officially worried

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The vet called and of coase my bad luck I was on-line. The message the vet left said, that he was calling with Jordan's blood test results and he had "a couple of abnomalities". I'm very worried. He won't be in until 10 Am tomorrow. I don't know how I'm going to get any sleep tonight.
I just want to know what's wrong with my baby. Everyone kept telling me he's fine, he's only 4 there's nothing wrong with him, but I knew he wasn't right. Every time I look at him I start bawling, I don't want to loose him. I can't help but think the worst. The list of blood tests are "Total body func, superchem/CBC/T4. I just don't know what to expect. I just wish I hadn't been on the computer. Now I have to call from work and if it's bad news I know I'm going to lose it and start crying.

gothicangel69

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I know its hard, but try not to get ahead of yourself until you know for sure whats going on. Hopefully its just a few small abnormalities that can be easily treated. Keep your chin up, and I'm sending lots of good luck vibes.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It really bothers me that the vet would say that without some clarification. I hope that the issues are minor and easily treatable

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I stayed home this morning becuase I'm just sick over this. I have to go to work in a little bit, but I thought I'd post what the vet said. His blood calcium is elevated, I guess the top end of normal is 10.something, and his is 12.something. So the next step is send out a blood sample and have the 2 types of calcium looked at. I guess the Ionized calcium is produced by tumors. I'm going to take him tonight to have the blood draw and then it's a 5 day wait. I don't know that i'll be back on the site until after work, I'm going to try to get through the day without losing it completely.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
sending lots of hugs and extra strength.... Gigi last test took three weeks for results

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know I said I wouldn't be on here, but it's a slow day at work and I don't really feel like looking for things to do. I'd go home, but I feel like I should save some PTO in case something bad happnes to him.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to say hi
(fellow Wisconsinite!) and let you know I'm sending good vibes to you & your baby. I know how dreadful it is, waiting for that phone call...

~KK~

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm really trying to hold it together but I just can't help but think how unfair it is that a 4 year old kitty could be so sick. My sister kept trying to tell me it could be nothing, but every time I look at him I know he's sick. I can see in his eyes that he's just not Jordan right now (and maybe never will be again).

kittymonsters

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rang_27

I'm really trying to hold it together but I just can't help but think how unfair it is that a 4 year old kitty could be so sick. My sister kept trying to tell me it could be nothing, but every time I look at him I know he's sick. I can see in his eyes that he's just not Jordan right now (and maybe never will be again).
I am so sorry you and Jordan are going through this. It is hard with a young kitty that should be healthy.

I want to congratulate you for sticking to your guns and making the vets check for things because you knew Jordan was not right. Because of your awareness, whatever is wrong will have been caught very early. I think the fact that they finally found something is a good thing, because you knew he wasn't himself . Always trust your instincts.

High ionized calcium is indicative of tumors in cats, however, I have always seen it as REALLY elevated more like 30 , so 12 is not bad and it may well be something else. Try not to dwell on the worse, just know it is a possibility.

For me, getting educated on all the possible causes helps. Not everyone is this way though. If you are, search the internet for elevated calcium in cats. Find out what the causes could be, so you can ask specific questions when the test results come back and will be prepared to make decisions right away. For me, being informed is empowering and helps me to cope with difficult situations.

I will be sending lots of vibes that it turns out to be readily treatable and Jordan will be back to his old self soon.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did really good at work yesterday. I only teared up onces and was able to collect myself and focus on work. Today was a differnt story. I've been weepy all day and every time I look at him I just want to lose it completly. I love all my cats, but my house has been so quiet lately. I think about how quite life would be without him. I feel so bad for every time I got mad and yelled at him for just being Jordan. I'd give anything to live each of those moments again and be able to hold my temper. Today I had to laugh when he picked a head band I had sitting on the coffee table & brought it to me. I now understand that all the things I called naughty were just his way of getting my attention. He's my cuddle bug and right now I'm trying very hard to focus on enjoying every moment I have with him, I just wish I would have realized this before.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Sending some calming vibes to you
and healing vibes
for Jordan. Hopefully soon you will know what is going and and be able to fix it.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was doing really good last night because he was preety much himself, other than still not eating quite right. He is eating just not with his usual exhubarance. I came home last night & he met me at the door. I went into the bathroom to find he had been going through the drawers & had pulled out a couple of hair clips and had been playing with them. Then this morning he came to cuddle with me for a while & even kicked Maggie out of his cat bed. I gave him Fancy Feast because I knew he'd like it and he did. He ate it all and licked the plate clean. Right now I'm working on something super boring so my mind started wondering to what might be wrong with him and now I'm super nervous and upset again.